Friday, June 17, 2005

Dick Durbin's non-apology

Captain's Quarters is one of my favorite blogs. I hope one day to be a quarter or even half the writer and commentator he is. He's listed in the right hand column of 'blogs that I read every single day. Today, he covers Senator Durbin's non apology, which is so very typical of the left side of the political spectrum - "we know better than you dumb red-state hicks." Newsflash Dick - if it wasn't for the democrat stranglehold on Cook County and East St. Louis, Illinois could very well be a red state.

UPDATE: I'm still trying out different software on the blog here...currently, I'm attempting to enable "Trackbacks", so comments and such are going to be hinky for a bit.

UPDATE #2: OK, Haloscan sucks so I uninstalled it. Thank goodness I can read and write code after about 3 tries. If you ever decide to blog, test drive everything you can find

3 Comments:

Blogger Ma Tiny said...

"we know better than you dumb red-state hicks."

that doesn't sound very senatorial. are you sure you didn't just make that up?

6/18/2005 03:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that's why it's in quotes.

6/18/2005 01:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay,I'm not the best at computer stuff and I don't know how how can post a new topic here, so, I'll just attach this to the newest topic.

Has anyone worked special lately? All those years working the busses and trains and they just wanted the bus and el checks and that was it. These days they are sending you to doc areas and asking for arrests and curfews and ANOV's. Everything needs an event number. I can'y figure out the reasioning for it all.

6/19/2005 10:32:00 AM  

<< Home

Newer Posts.......................... ..........................Older Posts