Monday, August 01, 2005

We got Foreigners!

Checking out the comments in the 022nd District thread, we noticed comments from Virginia and Australia. We understand the Virginia comment came from a former CPD dispatcher, so it is possible someone directed him here. But Australia?!? The power of the internet we suppose. Would either of these people care to drop us a line and mention how they discovered us? You can use the comments section below or e-mail us at the address up top. As a matter of course, we don't answer e-mail, but we'd just like to hear how you found us and hear what you think. Call it morbid curiosity. Thanks.

We've met a number of coppers from Australia and found them all to be your typical salt of the earth good guys. We've heard that if you take them out after a ride along, you don't have to buy a beer all night.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard if ya take out a midnight guy from 022 after his shift he'll buy 'cause he 's in a good mood.....he's been resting all night and letting others code the jobs.

8/01/2005 09:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey mate, I was an Australian Coast Watcher during WW II for you Yanks and Brits, then served as a highly decorated Chicago Police Officer when I came to America in the late 40's.

I taught O.W. Wilson how to throw a few shrimps on the Bar-B-Q! And I talked so funny even the brothers in the inner city didnt understand me.

Now I am enjoying my retirement in My Mother Land , the Land Down Under kid!

And as far as I am concerned, Crocodile Dundee was a whimp!
Two Gun Pete would of kicked his ass!

Retired as of 1968!

Thats a few more pension checks recieved than your payroll checks
baby cakes!

8/02/2005 12:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for us Yanks and Brits? Japan is a loooong way from Chicago pal.

8/03/2005 12:12:00 PM  

<< Home

Newer Posts.......................... ..........................Older Posts