Well, the readers have had their say. Now we'll inflict our views upon the readers. Granted, quite a few might be similar to those posted previously, but we never claimed to be the only psychics around.
- Politics - Local - a few more routine indictments, convictions or guilty pleas from City Hall. Fitzpatrick has landed his punches there. Look for a boatload of headlines concerning County government though. The Feds took truckloads of records out of the County Building in 2006 and no one has seen hide or hair of them since - the accountants must be busy.
- Politics - State - Ryan retrial? Probably. We'll also bet they screen potential jurors a lot more closely this time. How about a few Blago scandals? They're out there and they're brewing.
- Politics - National and International - Someone is going to bomb Iran. The only question is whether it's the US or the Israelis. If it doesn't happen in 07, it's happening in 08. Hillary and Obama will announce runs for the nomination. Both will fall behind to someone else. The Republican nomination is as murky as the Dems. Just for laughs, we'll predict someone will finally prove bin Laden is dead. Europe will continue it's slide into irrelevance as more and more muslims force an aging population into new depths of ridiculousness. There will be some sort of coup in North Korea and China will suffer some major internal problems.
- Sports - everyone in Chicago will suffer disappointment. Da Bears will fall a game short of the Superbowl; the Bulls will suffer a second round playoff defeat; the Blackhawks will lose in the first round of the playoffs; the Sox moves will be nowhere near enough; the Cubs will still suck and outdraw the Sox by thousands.
- Department - New Superintendent. We'll stick with our Maher prediction of last summer. We'll repeat last year's guess that Starks is leaving this year. Williams will be the new First. SOS will be renamed, but remain intact. Convictions will result in heavy prison time and Administrative firings for this scandal will total more than a dozen. Brennan will remain a useless "hiring monitor" and we'll see a series of exams for small unit spots (Marine, K9, ET, FTO again).
- General - the economy will keep going despite the democrats control of Congress. This will be a blessing and a curse for Republican hopes in 2008. We'll do another 2 million page views without breaking a sweat and still manage to have fun despite the threats of lawyers and various media types. Seiser will still run it.