So...12 Hour Days, Eh?
Let's just take a moment to note everything we know about the upcoming debacle:
Now that we got that out of the way, some observations and maybe a few questions:
- Did everyone notice that 005 is specifically left out of the order? That's because they only have two watches, meaning they contribute nothing to the Third Watch reaction force. Yet they could draw officers if the situation calls for it. This might just be the death knell of the10-hour/2-shift program.
- Does anyone else think this is an argument for a citywide deploy-able Unit?
- 12.5 hours - does that translate into an extra personal? An extended lunch? We imagine the backlog is going to translate into not just hours, but multiple hours, maybe a day. Are ET jobs going to be suspended? Detective hand-outs held over? Selling Dope calls coded without a response as Tact is otherwise occupied? We'll bet the Inspection Division is out in force at the Branch Courts - nothing like kicking Patrol while they're down.
- District bid officers and District bid sergeants - if deployed outside their contractual boundaries, premium pay on top of holiday pay? Dean and Ade should be alerting their members now, not in a grievance next year. Reverse Seniority might apply somehow? It'll be funny as hell to sort this one out.
- Who really thinks the Deadheads are going to do anything but eat Twinkies, munch Doritos and exchange bootleg tapes?
- Are the HQ mice deployed?
Labels: department issues