HQ Meeting Highlights
So after a few misfires, there was finally a meeting at HQ. Three cars from every District (one of them from tact), 132 coppers (give or take a few), and starring Special Ed. From an e-mailer:
- DOJ report "will be ugly". Don't take it personally;
- There's a new CR matrix general order, 45 pages; Old CRs will exist forever;
- Complaints down 50% since 2009;
- "Sometimes I have to give you a time out to help you get to your pension. It's not a punishment, it's for your protection."
- Push IPRA to speed up investigations;
- More people from patrol promoted over people in units, because in a unit you're already taken care of;
- FTO most important spot in department. Partners will be able to be FTO's together. Partners will work with a recruit in their car. FTO get one merit spot for every 30 people in every Sgt class;
- 120 to 130 Sgts at end of February;
- Looking for site for new police academy. No further info;
- ISR reports - new agreement that ACLU will not get personal info/star numbers, only federal judge will;
- "Need video evidence to get protestors arrested for agg assaults to p.o."
- "I speak with protestors so you guys don't have to" in regards to taking phone calls from activists
- OK with getting federal $$$, not with national guard. Not good for community relationships;
- 60 Minutes - interview for 2 hours, used about 2 minutes;
- "I talk to the mayor once a week. He doesn't run CPD, doesn't interfere with what we do in CPD."
- Hired outside firm for performance evaluations. Should be part of promotional process;
- VRI will continue but get phased down as new recruits come out every month in 2017;
Addressing these in order:
- as expected
- more hurdles, paperwork, rules to be tagged with
- less police/public interaction, less complaints - SURPRISE!
- yeah yeah yeah
- great - half-assed investigations in half the time. More for the lawyers to get rich off of
- we'll believe this when we see it - unit people got the answers last time, didn't they?
- again, believe it when you see it - FTO has always been treated as the ass end of Patrol
- Rahm already delayed the next 100 detectives - now he's going to make sergeants?
- any clues on where to buy land?
- and the Federal judge will promptly give it to the ACLU anyway
- seriously? so if it isn't on video it didn't happen? That better work both ways Ed
- why are activists getting our phone numbers?
- money Rahm can misspend; we agree on no National Guard
- duh, it's the media
- you talk with Rahm as often as Rahm wants to talk with you - you are a flunky Ed
- start prepping for less VRI
Labels: info for the police