SCC's Predictions for 2006 - Update
Someone was questioning the wisdom of SCC in predicting the future. Just a quick overview of our predictions we made on January 1st:
- Local Politics - more indictments - True!
- State Politics - Ryan convicted - True!
- National/International Politics - predictions of split decisions in Congress - open; poll numbers - looking wrong; terror apprehensions - open; Iran & China - looking true; Iraq calming - looking true; Syria - open; prep work for a new war - looking true; Europe burning - looking true
- Sports - Bears fall short - True!; Bulls make playoffs - True!; Blackhawks sink - True!; Cubs tread water - open; and Sox repeat - open
- Department - Starks gone and Grau or Maher taking over - open; Lieutenant test - to be announced; Noelle Brennan - mysteriously silent
- General - economy rolling - True!; GM losing money, jobs, DJI spot - 2 of 3 True!; Tookie still dead - True!; Hoffa still missing - True!; SCC Blog passes 1 million views - True!
So we're averaging, what? Sixty percent accurate with only 1 completely wrong predictions so far? Not bad. Not bad at all.