From NRO Online
- Each of your pro-Kerry correspondents take pains to point out how poorly the country has fared under George W. Bush, and how those who support him (especially you...) are destroying the country. Let's see, last time I checked,
- 1)The stock market is at an all-time high, thus
- 2)Retirement accounts are at last recovering.
- 3)Unemployment is at a 25-year low,
- 4)Taxes are at 20-year lows,
- 5)Federal revenues are at all-time highs,
- 6)The Federal deficit is down almost 50%,
- 7)Real estate values have soared,
- 8)Inflation is at a 20-year low,
- 9)There have been no successful attacks since 9/11,
- 10)Al Queda is being taken apart, one body at a time.
- 11)U.S. and British Intelligence have thwarted a number of attacks.
- 12)The terrorists are flocking to Iraq to be killed, instead of boarding planes for this country.
- If any of your writers were as honest they dare you to be, they would admit that, if the president who had accomplished this in the face of such difficulty had a 'D' after his name instead of an 'R', they would be singing his praises to the heavens. But no, the country is falling apart. Only if a Democrat takes the White House will everything instantly be perfect again.
And how about those oil prices?
- Oil prices briefly fell below $50 per barrel Thursday for the first time in 20 months, after the U.S. government reported larger-than-expected jumps in crude oil and gasoline inventories.
Oil has dropped 17 percent since the end of 2006 amid weeks of mild winter weather in the U.S. Northeast, a key consumer of heating fuels, and growing energy stockpiles. Stockpiles of gasoline and distillate fuels, like heating oil and diesel, also rose last week, the Energy Information Administration said.