We hate to be pessimists about this job, but it's headed downhill in a hurry with no bottom in sight. Morale is at an all time low, manpower in the Districts is ridiculously understaffed, and no one wants to even take this job. A few observations and predictions:
- You think it's bad now? Wait until the latest scandal breaks and the SOS disaster heads to trial. You ain't seen nothing yet.
- Specialized units, tact/gangs, mission and saturation teams are going to find it even harder to recruit bodies as unrealistic expectations and more mission goofiness (wolfpacks?) are stacked on them - and the summer silly season is just beginning.
- Numerous aldercreatures were complaining about the lack of traffic enforcement? If the cameras actually do make it to 280 more beat cars, the only traffic activity you're going to see is the seat belt missions.
- Contract negotiations are coming - anyone want to bet not only will very little be happening for the next year and a half, we'll get screwed something fierce when we finally get a contract sometime in 2009.
- The new Superintendent will be more of the same political shenanigans.
Might we be mistaken on any of the above? We doubt it. Unless something overly dramatic happens, this is going to be a very bad couple of years.
Labels: department issues