We don't know about these readers:
- First you falsely report that Det. "R" hung up on the Trib reporter - - - - NOT TRUE. The detective invited the reporter in and answered questions.
Gee, you caught us. We missed this month's FOP meeting. Boo hoo. If you read the post, at no time do we say we witnessed the exchange at the microphone. We were contacted via e-mail. Do we get misled by people? Sure. Do we get fed BS every so often? Yep. Do we have the resources to check out everything? Nope. We aren't the media. We are working coppers with families and side jobs and bills and all sorts of responsibilities. And we happen to have a blog read by 5,000 people a day. Most of the stuff on here is "sarcasm and silliness." More of it is rumor. If you're looking for facts and such, it's here sometimes, but you've got to wade through the crap to get there.
- Next you report the completely nonsensical crap titled "Blockbuster SOS news?" The entire post is also NOT TRUE. The Fed is no sooner going to drop the charges as JR is going to eat a dozen apples and crap a fruit salad.
We merely reported what retired Sergeant Dave Snethen related to us and posted in the comments section. Dave is a guy we respect. Dave has also related a bunch more info that we aren't posting at the moment. Dave has also said if the info turns out to be false or mistaken, he'll come on here and apologize. We REALLY respect that, too.
- So.........the Feds don't drop any charges (SURPRISE!)and now you say: "One has to wonder if this isn't some sort of ploy by involved parties to ensure it's impossible to get a fair trial in Cook County."
Just because the feds missed our arbitrary deadline of Friday after the close of business doesn't mean it won't happen. Sometimes these things don't surface for a few days or weeks.
- Please, SCC stop with the fairy tails and nonsense. You know better.
First up, they aren't our fairy tales. We don't know better than anyone else what tomorrow holds. We're just trying to keep everyone abreast and interested in stuff.
- You are hurting the police.
We categorically deny that. Media might be hurting the police with biased coverage. Police might be hurting police with getting caught doing stupid things. But we still think we're doing more good than not. You think Pat and John's blog is doing us any good?
- Your blog is very popular and does a nice job of revealing City/Department malfeasance on occasion. But lately, it's really making the police look bad.
Popular? Getting there. But making people look bad? Please. We're helping bring media BS to light and warning people what's out there. But thanks for visiting.
Labels: scc responds