Alstory Simon Released
So at the moment, no one is in custody for a particularly brutal double homicide in 1982. And the media spins this how?
- A judge ordered the release of Alstory Simon, whose confession to a 1982 double homicide helped free an inmate from death row in 1999.
Simon has been in prison for 15 years for the double murder, the same case in which Anthony Porter was convicted and later freed.
State's Attorney Anita Alvarez has now concluded that Simon's confession was a false one, and he will now be freed from a downstate prison.
Curiously missing from this and other coverage?
- disgraced Northwestern journalism "professor" David Protess who refused comment;
- former ASA Dick Devine who punted rather than stand up for a conviction that was right on;
- convicted governor George Ryan who used the Porter "exoneration" to discontinue the death penalty;
- Tribune "reporter" and Protess stooge Eric Zorn who spearheaded the release of a double murderer and the railroading of an innocent borderline moron.
Why is it that police are the only ones held accountable for a system that lies in ruins thanks to years of neglect, cronyism, corruption and outright criminal enterprising via the Machine and its democratic masters?