Again, with the Quick Hits
As we look at the devastation in New Orleans, stories you might have missed:
- 1,000 casualties in a bridge disaster in Iraq. Over 600 dead when someone shouted "suicide bomber" on a crowded span.
- You still think Europe has the right economic ideas that we ought to copy here? Only if you want to DOUBLE the unemployment rates.
- PowerLineBlog takes the ny times to task for its "gloom, doom, we're all gonna die poor and broke" article about the alleged "rise" in the poverty numbers. As usual, the ny times is full of shit.
- Com-Ed looks to raise rates again. Someone stop these people. Please.
- Despite her claims that this was a politically motivated prosecution, congressweasel jan schakowski's husband, pleads guilty to bank fraud and tax evasion. Apologies forthcoming jan? Didn't think so. Being a democrat means never having to defend slander or libel.