Quick Hits for Tuesday
Commenting on the news you might have missed (A Fran Spielman Special edition):
- Traffic aides get no respect, especially since they have to wear new Traffic Management Authority uniforms. Fran Spielman with some hard hitting "Hired Truck" type reporting here.
- Aldercreatures, since it isn't their money, want to give the boy accused in the Ryan Harris murder $10 million dollars. One must wonder how many political contributions have been promised to these creatures in return for their public support. Spielman again.
- Spielman also writes the proposed "Traffic Stop Code of Conduct" is running into opposition from aldercreatures hesitant to tack more fines onto motorists stopped for traffic violations. Perhaps they should read the previous article and figure out where they're going to a spare $10 million?
- The city council is again set to embarrass itself nationally (tribune registration req) by voting for the "orderly and rapid" withdrawal of US troops from Iraq. Actually, this could be a good thing if it focuses attention on the mayor and the continuing federal indictments of the most politically corrupt system in the US.(not Spielman)
- Chicago Police Officer John Hurley returned home for burial (not Spielman)