Amazing Nanny State Idea
- foie gras banned and un-banned
- failed attempt to ban transfats
- no smoking for stage plays
- ban zip-loc baggies to stop drugs
- eliminate private waste hauling and grant monopolies
The Los Angeles City Council has approved a one-year moratorium on new fast-food restaurants in a low-income area of the city.
The moratorium unanimously approved Tuesday is a bid to attract restaurants that offer healthier food choices to residents in a 32-square-mile area of South Los Angeles.
Councilwoman Jan Perry says residents at five public meetings expressed concern with the proliferation of fast-food outlets in the community plagued by above-average rates of obesity.
Labels: dumb ideas