Where's the "BGA"?
Something we've been wondering - why Andy Shaw and the Better Government Association aren't asking questions about this:
- This new police bureaucracy created by Eddie-Rahm at a cost of $700,000 - what exactly are the qualifications of the members?
They'll raise hue and cry over the littlest crap, but when serious questions need to be asked, they're MIA:
- Charisse Valente is getting $160,000. As General Counsel, she would appear to be at least equal to a Chief's position, so the salary falls into line. Plus, she's gotten mostly favorable reviews from our readers who have dealt with her professionally. She's probably the only one earning her check;
- Robert Boik, Chief of Staff is getting $175,000. The last few Chiefs of Staff have been appointed directly by the mayor, mostly to answer the phone and tell the Superintendent that "Hey, the mayor is on the phone" after J-Fed though he could ignore calls from City Hall. As we posted before, Boik is elbow deep in the e-mails implicating Barbra Byrd-Bennett in a $20 million bribery scheme. So what does a School supervisor know about police departments? Very little we imagine;
- Robin Robinson is getting $150,000. Her job is a "newly created position" which means it's a payoff of some sort. Supposedly, she was doing "Community Relations" for free before this, which brought her into contact with Eddie, who decided to shower her with $150K...or Rahm did for whatever reason;
- Anne Kirkpatrick is getting the biggest slice - $186,000. She is a serial applicant to dozens of other departments. Her largest command was about the size of a single Chicago Police district and while there, she cost taxpayers $1.4 million for ignoring the rule of law and pretty much destroying the cohesiveness of the Spokane department. One rumor is that she was about to file a discrimination suit against Rahm for accepting her application, then stating he was only going to hire a black guy.
Of all of these, what the hell does Kirkpatrick bring to the table? We can't think of a single thing, but here she is, getting $186,000. And the so-called "media watchdogs" sit back and ignore the fact that Rahm is burning through another $700,000, mostly because one of their own is the beneficiary of $150,000. This is probably the same reason the Sun Times has been so soft on Dart - he hires the relatives of media folks and pays them generously (from taxpayer funds) so the media leaves him alone.
Labels: we got nothing