This is Some Kind of Dumb
The new First Deputy:
- Ursitti!? The same one in charge of Training that refused to sign off on red dots for pistols because “what will happen if it cracks and the laser shoots out” Yes please lead the CPD lol
We hadn't heard this one, but it sounds entertaining as heck. Kind of like that moron congress-critter who thought a Pacific island might tip over.
Labels: from the comments









113 Comments:
As for the A1 commander promotion of Hawkins.. all I can say is you will miss Nikki Watson. I know right now u think that’s hard to imagine.. but give it a month or two.. Hawkins is one of the worst.
Shouldn’t a 1st Deputy have some experience in patrol ?
True story!!!
Heard from a retired CFD friend of mine (J. Clark) that runs the building that is the new academy, that the building has leaks in its roof. Why you ask? Bullet holes falling from the heavenly skies of the west side. I shit you not! Thanks for the info JC! Hope the rains (of bullets) stay away in time to patch the holes. Incredible!!!!!!
Merit...given or paid for....Not Earned !
Listen. Every day we have coppers bitching about young officers doing pro active policing. Well here you go. Promoted some who’s never done a lick of work. Then we have coppers bitching about house mouses getting promoted. wtf do you want. I personally would want someone who was proactive. But everyone looks down on proactive officers
I remember when she first made Sgt in 2007 and came to 025 on 1st watch. She's a nice enough person and reasonably smart. In this day and age thats good enough.
She is only interested in promotions. Knows little
Santos commander of 010 after folks of 010 got used to Altamirano's flawless leadership? What a joke? 025 folks can tell you what a hand job this dude is. He had narcotics team walk out on him , so did 025 tack team. Im
excited to see how many folks are going to bid out of 010 once he takes over
She never did any police work. More and more the rank file are seeing what really goes on! The department can’t BS officers and hide the truth. The CPD is dysfunctional.
And we think merit are dumb: https://lawenforcementtoday.com/florida-detective-tiktok-side-hustle-investigation
At least she’s trying to make funds.
If this is our best and brightest, we’re in trouble!
Another boss who got to the top and has nothing to give back. Clueless!
I have 12 years and I have no faith in the Gold Stars. I’m sure everyone knows why.
Another stunt at the price of the public and employees.
Oh! Boy! We in big trouble! We again went from bad to worse. Squad give me a number for we need a new 1st dep. This one just won’t work.
Whether you Like Hawkins or not, his team did fantastic work on the Robbery Task Force. Lot of violent offenders taken in custody by them. The unit now will probably be all merit hookups and two hour days.
This is DEI at its finest. Merit promotions throughout her career.
All these promotions will change next year with the new mayor. Lather rinse repeat.
We should also point out that being Chief of Ds she also came up with peace circles for Juvy offenders, gift cards, etc. She believed in emptying the Juvy center and a ton of other left wing nonsense. Have you EVER seen her out of uniform at a press conference?
Put the crack pipe down and put that race card back in your deck. They re bringing someone in finally with experience who everyone likes. Just because he is the wrong flavor for you and will prob make you work.
The 1st Deputy is Melissa Staples 2.0
We are doomed
I ll take this any day over David Brown and Eric Carter promoting every non qualified DEI hire on the Dept. It will take years to recover from all their race baiting promotions.
Signed, Nikki Watson
Shouldn’t she have been a detective to be chief of detectives? It’s all politics.
Ursetti has never been the police a day in her life! Her claim to fame was jumping on the back of the male Lt that started the CIT program Unit 124. House mouse with no street experience now in #2 spot. What a damn joke!
No not on the promotion checklist.
All about himself.
Total micromanager.
Personally, I would like to see the laser shoot out.
why?
Look up her many awards. Tells you everything you need to know. Awesome choice!
That's funny. He had several narcotics teams tell the Commander that they all want to leave because of his "management style". The rumor was if they wanted to dump you from narcotics and you were heavy, you were assigned to Santos team. Officers would beg to go back to patrol.
She's like her father (Richard) did just walk around holding a piece of paper!!
A new merit submission should be required for every class
Yikes - gold stars are either nice don’t really know the job or have a big ego and don’t know the job either!!
Thanks for your input Tim.
Nice friend you are by ratting him out on the blog. Big mouth.
She's always been nice, even as she's been promoted. Always pleasant and says hello. The promotions have never gone to her head like it has with other bosses.
I can attest to this. An entire fuckin TAC team, including the sergeant packed their shit and went to midnights voluntarily because of this fucker. His own brother won’t even speak to him. He’s just that level of asshole.
Are they about to get Maria Pena 2.0?
As a civilian in 010, this does not get my hopes up
(“Well, why do you live in the ghetto?!” Sorry loser, can’t afford to burn money on mortgage & taxes, living an hour away in Edison Park. Or the New Ghetto, Mt Greenwood)
i wonder how much cash she and the others put in an envelope and handed off to get promoted?
I have about 50-60 grand laying around in the bamk.I could easily afford a promotion. I just dont want one.
The guy is a self promoter and a handjob.
Let the CPD "Ship of Fools" launch again. These idiots are now tasked with Teen Takeovers, Violence on the CTA, and blood running in our streets. BJ the Clown may have had some hand in picking these incompetent souls. I predict a summer of violence unchecked by the "sickness" known as Law Enforcement. They dont have a plan. Theres no plan at all. Be careful and act accordingly.
No one cares who gets promoted. We have to focus on what’s important. How much are we owed for VRI and when will we get paid. That’s what’s really important.
Can she dance....????
She knows how to dance...
Besides , not what you know
It's who you ...well you know
She wasn't hired to do police work....Now...Let's get the vote out!
Guess you don’t know him or you just don’t like to do police work
She is one of the smartest people I have met on this job. She was NOT merit anything before becoming exempt. You people are ignorant and assume she is merit because she is a female. I can't speak to her street cred but her mind is one of a kind.
Thanks for your input, Mark
Exactly
She was in news affairs for a while. That's her police experience. Lol.
All of the current bosses are garbage.
So true.
Who needs that. They are bosses.
Yeah, I for one agree! The first deputy superintendent’s prowess as a police supervisor is definitely measured by her knowledge of… firearm optics!
Good luck in your career. It’s nice to know you are better than the rest of us.
Don’t pit the young and old against each other. The problem is the bosses don’t know what they are doing.
LOL.
You don’t really expect much. So you won’t be let down.
CPD is going the same as the Mayor’s office. Each boss is worse than the last. I just hope no one here is a crime victim and gets the same service they give out.
I got 19 years and have zero respect for the GOLD STARS.
Isn’t that who is promoted. The joke is on the officers who think it’s all on the up and up.
We are in trouble
The democrat way. If you don’t like it, stop voting democrat.
Sinking ship. How long will it hold up.
ssc let give her a chance at least she doesnt have relatives that are ghetto n sell heroin
at least she doesnt have nieces driving around maywood / broadview selling dope
I GIVE UP!
That Clark is an asshole. Fuck ‘em!
Old time bosses must be rolling over in their graves.
Of course she made all promotios by score. She was inside & able to study the books, not by actually doing any police work!
I see lasers shoot out all the time at watch parties.
I think you mean the male sergeant?
Can we alternate years where one year you can promote via DEI and retardation, then the next year those who made it off the list and actually has experience working the street.
Worked on A/4 Saturation with her many moons ago when she was relatively new on the job. She is a good soul. I would rather have someone like her up there instead of some of the goldbrickers, imposters, scofflaws, white collar criminals, and straight up street criminals who have worn gold stars over the years.
Maria Pena ain’t thinking about NOBODY she did he damage and retired
She’s street stupid. She’s the worse. Give her a chance, what are? A suck ass.
She looks like a younger version of "Granny Clampett" in New Orleans.
She rarely left the office when she was a Lt in 12. You know back when 12 was the stopping ground for people passing through on their way up.
Have to believe this is the mayors choice Needs the female votes I. November
You all missing Yolanda? Lol.
“Interim Superintendent Fred Waller, another dedicated veteran of the @Chicago_Police, will lead the department during this transition as the Community Commission for Public Safety and Accountability begins the search process. Interim Superintendent Waller will be supported by the department's new First Deputy, Antoinette Ursitti.”
All of you crack me up, I left the city MANY moons ago and am glad I did because none of this is new. I don't recognize half these names but they're all the same. It was just slightly different phrasing back then but I am glad to see nothing has changed. Get out while you can, departments are hiring all over but be warned - many of these issues are present everywhere to some degree.
Why would you put his name out there?
I got more than the both you put together and it doesn't matter who the gold stars are
What’s worse bullets from outside in or inside out?
The entire team left Santos when he was gone and told the commander to move them or dump them. He came back and had only 4 poor souls on his team. Jimmy Ogrady kept him around to be his chopping block. Santos obliged and ruined a many days in 189 with his poor shitty attitude. The team used to work and didn't get much OT because Mikey had some goofy gf and couldn't be bothered to stay at work when the OT was flowing because his gf demanded so much of his attention. Fast forward to today and he's the bottom of the barrel pick along with 015 new commander. Oh well. I'm long retired and enjoying life but Miley still making lives miserable. Good luck 010. He's an ego maniac and narcissistic asshole. Not a good combination
Look up her many awards. Tells you everything you need to know. Awesome choice!
7/01/2026 08:23:50
:)) like my resiliency award for working during the covid pandemic
No
Check the lockers in 011
That we know of
Hahaha. Facts
Not even close.
Not saying Staples was a good gold star, but at least Melissa was the Police! And a pretty good Sgt too.
Smart, maybe.
“Police”, fuck no.
Give us someone who’s at the least been the police!
(And can handle a break-up without going on stress leave for a few months)
Fuck no!
“Good soul”?
That’s like saying “she’s a nice person” which is the new euphemism for being an idiot.
Santos has poor communication skills to say the least. He has had the revolving door of PO's and Sgt's whether he was a Sgt or Lt. He wanted and did work when he was a Sgt. He's overconfident and not a good manager. He's one of many on this job who its their way or the highway. That never ends well. I'm more shocked nobody has mentioned Fraction as being useless. Double merit and ghost pay roller when she had a task force. Total racist and all around hater of whitey.
Nice, I like that Erasure reference.
Shouldn’t this retired fireman guy be tending to his cats. Isn’t that what retired fire guys do?
That is not what was said. Maybe in your twisted logic that is what you think, knock yourself out making up new meanings to words.
Character matters.
Yes she’s a nice person with no mean bone in her, but that doesn’t make you a good Sup. As a person yes prob a great lady but she is not number 2 or number 1 spot worthy
Whats with people calling Mt. Greenwood the new Ghetto?
It’s always been Canaryville South.
I know it is changing but its not that bad yet. Hopefully it doesn’t turn into the next Beverly anytime soon.
I have zero issue with Ursitti. I've been here 31 years and I've seen far worse do far worse. She's smart and a good manager. Just thank heaven She's the one they put there and not one of the merit hacks that are taking to space in that building.
Look up awards? Sometimes officers don't get awards because they have lazy supervisors or it's personal and a supervisor doesn't like the officer. There's been more than a few times in my career that my partners and I should have gotten awards and we didn't. I didn't care enough to make it an issue because it's what I signed up to do and it was part of my job. You can't judge an officer by how many awards they've received.
I think you're overlooking the fact that no street work = no civilian complaints.
If your proactive you are a retard.
his brother is a handjob as well
Beverly? Really I'll put my house up against yours shit shack bungalow any day of the week.
You've learned a valuable lesson grasshopper..People here complain constantly regardless of who gets promoted...Christ himself would get criticized for having long hair..get used to it. Its never ending
Drive down Western.
It looks like 119th & Michigan.
Not desirable. Beverly’s best days are long gone.
"That sounds very stylish!"
- Inspector Callahan
Beverly? Really I'll put my house up against yours shit shack bungalow any day of the week.
7/02/2026 02:15:47 PM
You sound like someone who lives in the small Morgan Park part but still call it Beverly.
Post a Comment
<< Home