Friday, August 07, 2026

Real? Not Real?

This is from a reader who says it was at an off-site training class:


The instructor (civilian?) claimed this was a "joke slide" after some objections were raised.

Kind of an inappropriate joke if true. 

Missed opportunity for the Keesing Bandit however, as he has zero sense of embarrassment. 

Labels: ,

123 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was just a young lad, the dept fucked me on my day off and I forgot to put in a slip.

8/07/2026 12:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To majority of the people (folks) on this job getting caught by their wives and husbands having to be reassigned and move out of their homes have to be right on top of the list.

8/07/2026 12:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a civilian, it was a female PO instructor…

8/07/2026 12:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is 100% real and part of the impartial policing/Hug a thug class.

8/07/2026 12:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of coneheads peoples.

8/07/2026 12:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks worse than the explicit/implicit bias class.

8/07/2026 12:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the new academy, the kinder gentler stow your guns in the glovebox come back an hug it out police were teaching that segment

8/07/2026 12:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes that was one of the slides shown at the training that informed us that miniature horses are considered emotional support animals. This dept and our “training” is a complete joke. They also told us what words we can and can’t say. Oh and there was a video about pronouns smh.

8/07/2026 12:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I recall correctly, this slide was used in training to illustrate the experience of sexual assault victims when they have to recount the event to police. Not a gotcha moment, and if the person taking the photo missed that then they are pretty dense

8/07/2026 01:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

its a joke slide . lighten up. they were making a point.

8/07/2026 01:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That’s comes up in impartial policing, but it is supposed to be a joke.

8/07/2026 01:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe... if I remember correctly... the point was that nobody was going to do it.

8/07/2026 01:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one time the discusting toe of an arrestee was sucked at the hospital, or getting sucked off by the tranny in the lock up, or that one time the Sgt was caught in the squad car being serviced by the trans dude... Tons of stories...

8/07/2026 02:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The instructor probably gets their ricks off doing that. Doubt that it’s a joke.

8/07/2026 02:53:00 AM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Where's all the women.complaining?

8/07/2026 02:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a slide to try to help officers understand empathy. The point was to point out how nobody wanted to do so and to think that’s how someone who is making a sexual assault report feels telling an officer.

8/07/2026 03:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was an exercise on empathy. Out of context it seems inappropriate , but the point was to point out how ofc we aren’t going to do that and to see how it feels for someone having to report a case of sexual assault.

8/07/2026 03:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I attended that training. It was apart of the sexual assault training. It wasn’t anything malicious. Actually the instructor used this as an example and made a good point. The instructor was explaining to the class how difficult it is for survivors of sexual assaults to share their experience during interviews with law enforcement. The instructor simply used this as an example and allowed us to see things from the lenses of survivors that have to tell their story to officers/detectives who are strangers. The instructor was pointing out how uncomfortable that is and requested that officers keep that in mind when interviewing survivors.
——-
You snowflakes on this job need to get a life.

8/07/2026 03:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

100% real. This was from the horrible training Impartial Community Policing. Which by the way is taught mostly by civilians.

8/07/2026 03:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some mope found something to be offended by. I recall this being an in class training exercise, that was designed to show officers what CSA victims feel like talking to officers about being raped. Which mope missed that point? Keep complaining about tradings and wonder why we have to stay 9 hours.

8/07/2026 03:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we get some training on tactics and shooting? Ridiculous

8/07/2026 04:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OT but this is priceless: Mandummy booed off stage at NYPD event. I LOVE IT. Why on earth did he show up. What an idiot. Sadly, bet he gets a list of all attendees and finds ways to make their lives a living hell.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mamdani-booed-off-stage-new-york-city-pro-police-celebration-walked-off-shame

8/07/2026 05:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If true, and the taxpayers are paying for or being ripped off more and more, Democrats do nothing but steel cheat ruin the country. The cities destroyed the state of Illinois under trust fund governor is finished.

8/07/2026 06:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol, good ol’ CPD! I’ve been laughing all the way to the bank since 1986. Not a single check has bounced.

8/07/2026 06:26:00 AM  
Blogger Retired 82 said...

It reminds me of the 1st time I had sex. I was terrified. I was alone.
RIP Rodney Dangerfield.

8/07/2026 06:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joke or not , sounds like a nice Eeoc complaint ! The department wants to play games. We can play games back with them !

8/07/2026 06:38:00 AM  
Blogger Mr. SouthSide said...

I could tell you mine but Beatrice would bar me and never serve me another beer.

8/07/2026 07:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impartial Policing training is being spoon fed thuper woke Policing. One of the worst topics CPD trains. Head on a swivel boys and girls.

8/07/2026 07:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to our 1st Deputy. Who helped create all these peace circles.

8/07/2026 07:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was shown by the civilian “ TO” Training Officer who was a victim of SA.

8/07/2026 07:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was used to put the attendees on the spot. Nobody was required to share the experience but to understand how a victim of sexual assault might feel when asked by complete strangers to explain in great detail what happened at possibly the most embarrassing, traumatic experiences of their life and how they might be reluctant to talk in great detail.

8/07/2026 07:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most PO’s sleep or are on their phones in the class. Then they wake up/pay attention and get offended. This is to bring up the point of sexual assault victims having to relive their trauma again

8/07/2026 07:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stupid exercise put on by someone inexperienced enough on the street or in civilian life to preface it IN CONTEXT of a sexual assault victim. Contrary to public opinion, every officer, every detective I worked with/partnered with had extreme empathy and respect for victims.

8/07/2026 07:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly! Making it bigger than it is.

8/07/2026 07:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said!

8/07/2026 07:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the rumor true that next contract medical will be given to us after 29 years not based on age? If it’s true it’s about time. Why should someone get it after 20 years on just because they’re 55 years old and someone with 29 years on can’t get it because they’re only 51 years old. I know it’ll be us giving up 5 percent but it’s totally worth it. For you guys who are old and only have 20 years on, only thing I can say is get some time on the job kid!

8/07/2026 08:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was the only part of training that made sense, everything else was just PC slop

8/07/2026 08:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do not have empathy when taking a report. Be stoic and professional. Ask very hard questions. The training wants you to be a psychologist, we’re not. We’re rough and tumble cops that fight offenders. If you don’t like it, don’t call the police.

8/07/2026 08:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you recall correctly? So you don't even know for sure. You probably shouldn't call other's dense. BTW, what does the slide have to do with SA?

8/07/2026 08:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That’s not accurate. The slide was put there as a joke to show how no Officer would do it. Then they follow up with another joke story that some Officer started talking about his.

Worst training I’ve ever had… especially the pronoun portion.

Sheeeeeeeeee IT!!!!

8/07/2026 08:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The “Tea” video is still the best!!!

8/07/2026 09:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! Trying to make something out of nothing!

8/07/2026 09:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the training that left is forcing every copper to take. Absolutely nothing about policing or law just bull shit that the tax payers are flipping the bill for.

8/07/2026 09:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That’s why you utilize your work day to run your errands.
It’s called company time.
If you can’t make this job work for you you’re not a sharp person.

8/07/2026 09:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah i told my kid about the birds and the bees and he told me about my wife and the butcher

8/07/2026 09:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember meeler and or barnas denying my slips just days before I had a wedding to photograph because they both were panzy assholes.

8/07/2026 09:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh please, if this was a method used to teach officers how to show compassion and professionalism while speaking to an assault victim it’s inappropriate and lame.

8/07/2026 09:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, now I get it. The very first thing that comes to mind after being sexually assaulted is, “I sure am embarrassed!”
Any other cute funny slides for victims of other embarrassing crimes?

8/07/2026 09:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have guessed that. The whole point of "sexual harassment" is to give females the power to determine when it occurs.

8/07/2026 09:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And don't forget, you will see mini horses!
Such bs

8/07/2026 09:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why the departement of EDU and USAID needed to be cancelled. If any of this money for this program came from City collegs or CPD they need to be cancelled too. The next classes will be taught by a blue haired tranny in a dress.

8/07/2026 10:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was that wrong? Nobody told me that was wrong. Because if I was told that was wrong I wouldn't have done it!

8/07/2026 10:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you constantly refer to the victims as "survivors" when sexual assault is not life threatening?

8/07/2026 10:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about using an experienced detective who investigates sex crimes as an instructor for this type of instruction.

8/07/2026 10:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SCC, whomever sent you this, making a big deal of it, should be on your list of people to ignore. A Nothing Burger that’s not worthy of being your number one thread for the night, and probably shouldn’t have been given a thread at all.

8/07/2026 11:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make people on the right look bad…it was a point she was making about how difficult it could be for CSA victims to talk…are you triggered…offended…

8/07/2026 11:11:00 AM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Stupid policy that allows miniature horses and dogs to never be separated with their owners, even when in custody - processing, medical clearance, and lock up.
Only the dumbest, softest, soy-deluted CPD and city retards can think of something like this.

8/07/2026 11:33:00 AM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

GFY.

8/07/2026 11:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a PO who survived a horrific sexual assault whrn I was much younger, this kind of thing is definitely helpful in letting officers know the difficulty when a victim is asked to describe exactly what happened.

8/07/2026 11:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like your very close minded...which makes you a losy cop...no wonder we all have to attend classes since CPD hires coppers like you

8/07/2026 12:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One time, at band camp….

8/07/2026 01:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Easy Francis !

8/07/2026 01:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about shooting training like the real police do in suburbs and Indiana

8/07/2026 02:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about cpd starts being a real police Dept like the burbs and Indiana. And does big boy training like shooting, active shooter drills etc.

8/07/2026 02:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That’s correct. The snowflakes are weeping again.

8/07/2026 03:09:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nope. Give them their BS back. We have to deal with everyone else saying they’re uncomfortable, so do it right back to whoever made one of the worst “trainings” in the history of CPD. And that’s saying a lot!

8/07/2026 03:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They can make a better point get me out and hour early.

8/07/2026 03:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To 8/07/2026 10:24:44 AM:
The stranger who raped me when I was in college put a gun to my head. So yeah, I survived.
Oh, and you are a dick.

8/07/2026 04:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, Ken "Bob Rohrman" Barnas was a mush

8/07/2026 04:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone should have raised their hand and asked her to sit next to him and exchange stories .

8/07/2026 05:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that class in the next couple of weeks and boy oh boy am I excited that it is only taught at 7am! All Officers on other watches can pound sand. Now shut up and listen to this material that has been repeated to us ad nauseam for the past 10 years.

8/07/2026 05:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A tour with you would seem interminable.

8/07/2026 06:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

100% on the above comment "making the job work for you!"

8/07/2026 06:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did one of these classes in the town I work for. My fiancée was in the same class. Imagine the shit brick laid out by the instructor when they turned off the projector & turned on the lights & we were making out like school kids!!! Boy those were the days, when the job was still fun.

8/07/2026 07:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this where the idea that allegations are just good if they are 25 years old and never reported before came from?

8/07/2026 08:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

99% 0f officers will never handle a CSA. Be professional if you do and take report and call the Dets.

8/07/2026 08:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classic!

8/07/2026 08:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fuck them and their point.

8/07/2026 08:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's some empathy.... I feel sorry for this broke city that they think this shit is worth the millions in tax dollars their paying for it. Im really feeling bad that they dont know just how f'd up this dept . Is and just how little anyone with an ounce of sense cares about this nonsensical b.s. they try and indoctrinate you with.

8/07/2026 08:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is just a dream. We're trapped.

8/07/2026 08:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never forget those exempt told you to get the jab or be fired! Didn't care how many arrest or degrees you had. PRONOUNS FALL IN LINE YOU DID IT ONCE BEFORE.

8/07/2026 08:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It’s a rumor. Not happening

8/07/2026 09:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are u nuts. I’d guess 99% of officers WILL handle a csa. If u work the street or even the desk u most certainly will get assigned one. I’ve handled a pretty decent amount of them over the years.

8/07/2026 10:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The class wasn’t as bad as people claim. One retired PO instructor actually greeted everyone as we stepped off the elevator. You got paid to listen.

8/07/2026 10:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree with interminable if you are weak, small, ugly, broke, degenerate, and lazy. I'll bet you are at least 2 and a snow flake.

8/07/2026 10:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laughed when the female officer teaching us how to slice the pie and clear rooms had 5 years on job and when asked where she worked previously she said caps. And you wonder why officers are getting hurt….

8/07/2026 10:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Used these very words 45 years ago while a guest speaker (working detective) for recruit. Training them on how to understand the sexual assault victim and their possible difficulty telling their story. Had an unfortunate experience in a hospital after interviewing a devastated victim when a uniformed officer entered a crowded E.R. and in a very loud voice asked "hey, where do you want us to take this rape victim". The victim had something taken from them that they can never get back. Remember that.

8/07/2026 10:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need a mini donkey to deal with these goofy bosses in 016.

8/07/2026 11:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was highly inappropriate and whoever thought this was ok to bring up in a professional setting is a pos you’re encouraging the classroom to talk about sexual topics innuendos etc, there can be a lawsuit for this freaking nymphos

8/08/2026 01:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It could’ve have been taught differently what morons!

8/08/2026 01:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why? It was what I signed up for jack ass , to the people that have that time and aren’t 55 yet be happy to retire at 55 it’s worse in the private sector be thankful for what you have! People think the grass is greener on the other side and it isn’t get to 55 and go!

8/08/2026 01:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bullshit what a stupid way to teach that shit highly inappropriate just encourages potential harassment if you ask me at minimum they’re opening doors to law suits with that shit! If I’m sitting at a table with other men there and this fucking slide shows up it would not be comfortable

8/08/2026 01:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’ve been! It’s bullshit if I’m at a table with men I’d be uncomfortable if this slide showed up it’s highly inappropriate in my opinion

8/08/2026 01:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does it compare ? Most embarrassing sexual encounter vs assault are two different things! One’s consensual one isn’t! How inappropriate there could’ve been better ways of teaching this point, and many officers I’ve known always show empathy, etc common sense when it comes to these victims

8/08/2026 01:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They strip everyone who shoots their gun. That is not something they even condoms anymore much less train.

8/08/2026 02:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stupid policy that allows miniature horses and dogs to never be separated with their owners, even when in custody - processing, medical clearance, and lock up.
8/07/2026 11:33:43 AM

If you were paying attention you would know this is federal law, not just CPD policy!

8/08/2026 02:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The should’ve taken into consideration that there may just be an officer in the class that has been a victim of a csa, I’m sure they would not find anything funny about the slide. It’s inappropriate. To prove it’s inappropriate,
“Turn to the person next to you and share with them your most embarrassing black person experience”.I replaced sexual with the words black person. Now you get it. I can’t believe ILETSB approved this PowerPoint

8/08/2026 03:08:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If any officer of any rank has difficulty understanding a legit victim of CSA he shouldn't be on the job.

8/08/2026 05:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@0849 what? You’re not even making sense

8/08/2026 05:37:00 AM  
Anonymous The Keesing Bandit said...

I remember one morning when I woke up with my pants down around my ankles and a dollar in my hand. The only embarrassing thing is I don't remember what happened.
Now, kees me you fool!!!!

8/08/2026 07:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Members are strictly prohibited from using the term “seeing eye dog”.

8/08/2026 07:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

STFU. training for shit that will never happen in your sissy suburb..lol

8/08/2026 07:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing unreal exists.

8/08/2026 07:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were suppose to give me fifty cents change...

8/08/2026 08:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is No Federal Law regarding this. There is no federal law that automatically prevents separation of dogs or miniature horses from their owners in custody. However, the ADA protects service animals’ access rights.

8/08/2026 09:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They shoot (miniature) horses don't they?

8/08/2026 10:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God forbid that if one of my family members ever needs to make a report like this, I hope that they dont have to deal with the likes of most PO's responding on this blog.

8/08/2026 10:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the exercise. Thirty seconds of discomfort so we feel a sliver of what a victim feels sitting across from a stranger, being asked to relive the worst thing that ever happened to them. On the record, in detail, sometimes more than once. And afterward I hear cops calling it "offensive." "Inappropriate."

Let that sink in. Sworn officers, some with years on the job, couldn't handle thirty seconds of hypothetical discomfort in a room full of peers. But we turn around and ask actual victims to do it for real, with a stranger, about actual trauma.

If that exercise rattled you that badly, that's not the training failing. That's you finding out you might not be built for this part of the job. Might want to sit with that instead of complaining about it in the parking lot.

8/08/2026 10:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats likely because most of those 99% immediately call a supervisor and then claim that they never handled a CSA it should be reassigned to a female officer. And most of the time, it is...The first report just needs the simple facts. Leave all the details to the detectives. Inform the victim that they will be asked several more times to recount their stories in the near future. Ask the doctor if a rape kit will be done, and fill out your reports and make some notifications. If there is a crime scene, call for an ET. It is not difficult for a competent PO.

8/08/2026 10:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another tough guy, impressing the opposite sex at the corner bar with your feats of derring-do. Oh, and snowflake is one word. Too bad you can’t come up with anything more original than that.

8/08/2026 12:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't be fooled,, they were looking for bosses, friends, foes and potential victims

8/08/2026 12:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1000 percent to the commenter saying they shouldn’t be on the job what fool would not have the common sense to on how to treat a victim of a csa?

8/08/2026 02:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once worked with a (female) PO who was a mean jerk to a csa victim, who was in agonizing pain. I won’t document the injuries here, but they were horrible. The victim actually showed up in court to testify, and the guy got put away. The victim pretty much ignored us as we sat in the jury room. Can’t say I blamed her.

8/08/2026 05:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you.
Signed, a PO who as a young woman survived a brutal sexual assault.

8/08/2026 05:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What’s happening there. Always been a bunch of goofs there

8/08/2026 06:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey company man…
Impartial policing is a joke

8/08/2026 06:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

U are a clown… worst class i have ever taken! You are what is wrong with this department.

8/08/2026 06:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can cpd be a real police department when they hire jackasses like you?

8/09/2026 04:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To 8/07/2026 09:40:02 AM:
As a sexual assault victim, I can tell you that embarrassment and shame in the aftermath can be overwhelming. Dealing with that is part of the process of getting on with your life.

8/09/2026 08:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Ok hard-on, WHO ARE YOUR PLAYMATES? Followed by a kick to the groin. "Muscles says the victim is gonna make a helluva witness." - From Serpico after interviewing a CSA victim.

8/09/2026 09:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked in a Southside ER for a few years when I was in nursing school. There are some universal truths I learned during that time. One, female CPD are not only extremely rude to staff 99% of the time, they are often incredibly nasty to CSA victims. I found this to be true with child abuse victims as well but I digress. 2. CSA victims have to undergo the most humiliating exam imaginable & are often not even offered a Vicodin afterwards despite often having the shit beat out of them during the assault. Afterwards they always & I mean always ask to wash up. They can’t get the water hot enough. They can’t look you in the eye the shame & pain permeates whatever shitty cold room we stick them in for 6 hours. I get it, you’re tired & the job sucks. Pray you are never in a situation where you are fucked against your will. It stays with you & affects your life in ways that will surprise you for a long time. The commenter up higher in the thread was correct, something was taken from them they can never get back. Hold your partners accountable when they are ignorant, & hold the hospital staff accountable too. No free passes for us either. We all signed up for this & when you can’t show some basic compassion for these victims it’s time to hang it up. That goes for cops, medics, nurses, doctors. God forbid it was your daughter (or son).

8/10/2026 06:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can attest to the fact that it stayed with me for a very long time. I don’t know what was more exhausting-the years of hypervigilance or the years of hiding the hypervigilance. Looking for an escape route every place I went became my second job. Every room I entered I looked for something – besides the pepper spray I carried – to use as a weapon. Fighting off the panic when I was alone and the walls seemed to close in on me was a regular occurrence. Of course my life got much, much better but once in a great while, a terror that seems very real will invade my night in a dream and I am back to where I was 45 years ago. So yes, even with therapy and other coping mechanisms, it never truly goes away.

8/11/2026 11:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’d say in my career it was a 50-50 split between the jerks and the empaths.

8/12/2026 10:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts.......................... ..........................Older Posts