Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Forty-Four Applicants

Seems about average:

  • Forty-four people applied to lead the Chicago Police Department, the president of the commission charged with picking CPD’s next top cop said Monday.

    In 2023, the last time Chicago needed a new chief law enforcement officer, 53 people applied for the job. In 2020, 23 people applied to lead the police department, records show.

    Applicants include current and former members of the Chicago Police Department, as well as candidates from outside of CPD, according to a statement from the Community Commission for Public Safety and Accountability.

Further info:

  • The commission has until Nov. 12 to recommend three finalists to Johnson, who is running for reelection. Election Day is Feb. 23.The mayor will then have 30 days to choose a superintendent or ask for another slate of options before asking the Chicago City Council to confirm his choice.

So Conehead will have some say in the future Supe....who may only serve a few months before being fired by a new mayor? Makes perfect sense.

If we hear anything about the actual applicants, by name or by qualification, we'll let you know. Unknown if JCat actually put his name in or he just removed the FOP from having any sort of input into the process. 

Labels:

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seems about right for this mayor and his administration.
Waist time, money and effort for a few months of some stooge.

Fasten your seatbelts kids because that few months aren’t going to be fun.

9/29/2026 12:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must have missed the amc message

9/29/2026 12:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don’t know who they’re gonna get, does nobody on the CPV that I would even trust. Most of the bosses don’t even know what they’re doing or how to be a boss. Most of the bosses get very little training on how to be bosses. The whole thing is FUBAR.

9/29/2026 12:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It’s time for an outside person. The bosses around here are clueless. That is as nice as I could say it.

9/29/2026 01:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only shitheads need apply with Johnson having a say. And that's okay only if Riccio was giving it thought.

9/29/2026 01:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They already picked the finalist, what a charade! What’s amazing is that outsiders would waste their time in going through the application process. They must not read much about Chicago.

9/29/2026 01:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Seiser Runs It said...

Heard Seiser put in. Hope he gets it

9/29/2026 03:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sources tell me that alderman Peter Chico is putting his name in

9/29/2026 04:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this charity one and the Miami one are my favorites so far.

9/29/2026 05:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not one competent person amongst the clown show

9/29/2026 05:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't remember the actual name but I wonder if the one nicknamed "Granny Clampett" applied.

9/29/2026 05:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did J Scat really apply?

9/29/2026 05:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If only the members were given a seat at the table. Oh right, they were until JCat pulled the chairs out from under them.

9/29/2026 06:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, for the last three years I am so glad I went on disability after my disabling injury. My first 7 years I did everything to come back to work, but no doctor would clear me. Out of 10 years, my last 3 I've come to realize getting injured was a blessing, so I don't have to deal with the 95% of ignorant people on this job. I enjoy reading the blog just to remind me of how blessed I am. WE WILL ALWAYS BE OUR OWN WORST ENEMIES. I LOVE THE WEATHER HERE IN FLORIDA!

9/29/2026 06:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If anyone believes FOP has any input in the process(Jkitty or not) I have a bridge to sell you.

9/29/2026 06:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact that they applied should disqualify them, if this is a step up for an outsider what kind of shithole are they trying to leave?

9/29/2026 06:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps that lady from IAD with that criminal family would be a good fit to lead the chicago way.

9/29/2026 06:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember that time John Catanzara called the members stupid for believing he said he was interested in the Superintendent position? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

9/29/2026 06:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both! What say you now JPussy? Cat got your tongue? Where are all the other ass liquors who were saying oh my God that’s made up where are you? FOIA certainly shut your mouths huh? In case you’re counting DiSanti there are way more than 5! Maybe 5000! Go back to your porn.

9/29/2026 06:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shitcago, you’ve tried the rest, now try the best. I’ll do it remote from my boat or the beach on Siesta Key for 250k.

9/29/2026 06:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the 3 picks will be
male black female black female hispanic

9/29/2026 06:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if granny clampet is in the mix.

9/29/2026 06:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonus points if you're trans bipoc two spirit person that sometimes identifies as a corn cob.

9/29/2026 06:56:00 AM  
Anonymous The Keesing Bandit said...

I put my name in. Of course, I would be the prettiest candidate.
Now, kees me you fool!!!!

9/29/2026 07:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..........................Older Posts