Friday, September 11, 2026

Twenty Five Years

 


Without a doubt, one of the most defining events of our careers and lifetimes. 

While it didn't directly affect us in terms of loss or injury, it had an profound impact on work, home, family, travel, finances, safety....just about everything when you really drill down. It still hits home every September.

When we started meeting and working with Officers who weren't even born when the towers fell, we were painfully aware that we had become the "old guys" we had always teased in the past. 

Prayers for all of the victims of that horrible day.

Remember. 

Labels:

46 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rip to all.

9/11/2026 12:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Free 18 at Olympia Fields that morning. Had to leave after 9 holes after being called in to work. Never got back there.

9/11/2026 12:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

9-11......Some people did something.....

9/11/2026 12:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was the greatest attack against America. Muslim terrorists hijacked planes and flew them into the towers murdering just under 3000 innocent people. Every day on earth, there are multiple attacks by Muslims on our planet.. They are subhuman.

9/11/2026 12:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was on the blue line headed to traffic court and as soon as I got there we were told court is canceled. It was the first day of my RDO and I spent the next two days watching non stop news. It was surprising they didn't cancel our RDOs that day.

9/11/2026 12:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless all the victims and families. We will never forget!

9/11/2026 01:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please also remember that September 11th, 2012 is the anniversary of the attack on the U.S. embassy in Benghazi.
Remember the sacrifice of J. Christopher Stevens, Sean Smith, Tyrone Woods, and Glen Doherty.

9/11/2026 01:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Fuck You, Pay Me!! said...

And yet here we are… a mere quarter century later… electing a muslim socialist mayor of New York…

…(not to mention the other elected positions in local; state and National positions).

How quickly we forget 😕

9/11/2026 02:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

25 years ago, I was an early Sgt in a northside district. After early roll call, we heard about the first attack. We were in W/C office getting info on the tv, when we watch the aircraft hit the south towers. Late roll call was canceled and everyone hit the streets not know what will happen next.

Then we were informed that flights were being grounded, but some planes weren’t responding. Word came down that the Pentagon was attacked and the Sears Tower was a possible target. I was instructed to form an incident team to respond if Sears Tower was attacked. Thankfully this never occurred but panic still was rampant throughout the city.

When the military fighters started to fly a CAP over the city, calls flooded in about planes attacking the city. At the lakefront, when I saw those F-16, I was so thankful we weren’t alone.

The fear did not end after the day ended. For the days and weeks following the attack, calls of low flying planes, suspicious packages and powder were constantly reported.

Looking back today, I’m thankful we were not attack but also aware of unprepared we were. Yet I am so proud of my Officers and other Officers working that day, ready to step into harm’s way.

Throughout this, let us not forget the heroic action of others that day all over the Country, and let us not forget those who lost their lives on that fateful day. I will never forget!

9/11/2026 03:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That night I went to work & was surprised at all the flags. Many put up improperly, I went to walgreens bought index cards & left notes in many mailboxes. The next night 99% of those flags were hung correctly.
Silently, for a moment in time most alive were banded together

9/11/2026 03:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I will never forget, or forgive

9/11/2026 04:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deport all Muslims and American communists.

9/11/2026 06:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Pearl Harbor of our generation.

9/11/2026 06:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true, and sad.

9/11/2026 06:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember not seeing any planes in the skies, that was very strange.

9/11/2026 06:46:00 AM  
Blogger I Voted For Kamala said...

Minnesota and New York City have forgotten.

9/11/2026 06:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lighten up Francis

9/11/2026 07:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Retired suburban cop. I was called into work and assigned to our regional airport in town. It got real when we received orders from the bosses and the feds that there were unaccounted for planes. We were authorized to fire on any plane that attempted to take off. As this was happening, 2 F-16's could be seen in the distance.

9/11/2026 07:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still remember it as if it happened yesterday. Unlike now, RDO's weren't cancelled and I wasn't called into work that day.

I went with a contingent of CPD for a memorial service a little less than a month afterword. After the plane landed and they opened the airplane doors you could instantly smell that sweet sickly odor of burned bodies, and we were miles away.

At ground zero the towers were still on fire, and they had a few pumper trucks still putting them out. One building next to the collapsed towers had a giant 30x30 hole right in the middle of it from one of the airplanes engines flying into it.

It was surreal.

9/11/2026 07:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

25 years and still no one has learned a thing. Electing radical muslim scum into offices and allowing sharia law and mosques to permeate the western culture. Our forefathers are spinning in their graves like a rotisserie.

9/11/2026 07:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our generations Pearl Harbor.

Everything I needed to know about Islam I learned that day. NEVER FORGET!

Soon after came all the nonsense calls from people in the ghetto and the barrio thinking they were getting anthrax mailed to them. I even had a job at Kelly Park about possible anthrax in the park by a tree. It was moldy white dog crap.

9/11/2026 07:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

terrorists , progressives,socialiasts have now infiltrated our local, county,state and federal elected offices. They are cowards that hide behind the new name democrat socialist progressives. wake up

9/11/2026 07:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one of the events in time that you never forget where you were, JFK, Challenger, Columbia.
Drove by the Pentagon on way to DC Airport the morning before.

9/11/2026 07:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take a stroll down Palatine way in bridgeview some time...

9/11/2026 07:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now NYC has a Muslim Communist mayor. The downfall continues.

9/11/2026 08:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You put it beautifully my brother.

9/11/2026 08:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless the victims and their families.

9/11/2026 08:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Worked afternoons, so was up and having coffee on the couch, watching the news.Saw it all unfold. Was surprised we weren’t all called in to work that day immediately, wonder today if there was ever a plan for an unexpected attack, and if there is even one now in place. Never ever forget.

9/11/2026 08:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pics of all those firefighters taking that one way climb up the tower stairs still gets me.

9/11/2026 08:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just think of all the elected moslems in public office. Peoples' memories are as short as their attention spans.

9/11/2026 09:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The big problem with this country is we forget. The terrorist know this.

9/11/2026 09:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

USA

We are still under attack.

Now, even deeper... NYC Government and elsewhere, is entrenched with the same extremists who were identified on that day.

Anyone who doesn't pledge allegiance to the United States should consider leaving the USA.

While we all don't have to agree with everything... we should all agree of the safety and security of all citizens of the U.S.

God Bless America.

God Bless the U S A.

Let freedom reign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9/11/2026 09:15:00 AM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

I will never forget NY elected a muslim mayor 25 years later....

9/11/2026 09:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It’s rather sad. How do people forget? I blame these socialist morons.

9/11/2026 10:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

🙏🙏🙏

9/11/2026 10:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watched TV for a week solid. Could not believe my eyes. How could some be so evil? Hopefully, the "virgins" they were rewarded with were all in their 90's.
For about a month, people were kind, decent, forgiving, going to church.
How far we've fallen! To me, the enemy is within.

9/11/2026 10:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now the fox is in the hen house. I will never have tolerance nor trust them.

9/11/2026 10:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are on this job and never to be trusted

9/11/2026 10:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On topic: And that's the reason why the FOP food truck is in New York City. It's called "Good Will." Yes, John also gets publicity out of it, but so does the FOP Chicago Lodge.
It's the right thing to do, and FYI the Mexican Independence Festivities in Chicago are "down low" because ICE has removed sooooo many of the problems over the last year in Chicago.
Signed:
Pro American Active FOP Lodge Supporter for a financially responsible board!

9/11/2026 10:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yet we still have no answer for the families

9/11/2026 11:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That moment convinced me to join cpd. I wasn’t sure if it was the right path for me. Got on the job within the year and have been here since. The patriotism and the want to help people after that incident is something I imagine I’ll never experience again.

9/11/2026 11:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The jets seem louder today...

9/11/2026 11:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

many lives were saved by the person that requested all aircraft land ASAP and NO MORTE TAKE OFFS God Bless America

9/11/2026 11:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was on my way to 26th and Cal, listening to Brandmier on the Loop. Thought he was bullshitting, got there and everyone was leaving the building. I went to my court room, sat with the court sheriff' and the second plane hit. Remember like it was yesterday

9/11/2026 11:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was in NJ on an arrest. I had training in SF 2 days later. Instead of hanging around for the initial, I headed back to Chicago, then made my way to SF. If I would’ve stayed in NJ, there’s a high chance I could’ve been on that early flight which went down in Shanksvile, PA. God bless the innocent souls on that plane as well as those on the other 3 fateful flights.

9/11/2026 12:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn’t tell you 10 things about my wedding 30 years ago but remember that day and week vividly.

9/11/2026 12:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

..........................Older Posts