Quick hits for Friday
Read on, be informed, impress your friends:
- You want to loosen some tongues in the "Hired Truck" scandal? Start handing down a bunch of sentences like this: 7 years for Quarters Boyle. It certainly is difficult to find someone to do 7 years in the Federal pen for you. There can't be many more like Boyle, can there?
- Patriotism has been called is the last refuge of the scoundrel. We submit that religion is much more deserving of that designation. Look at all the people who "find god" behind bars and insist their last minute conversions spare them from long incarceration or death.
- CPD v CFD baseball. We just received word that the game was cancelled. Be sure you phone first before you go to Sox park.
- In case you were wondering, the threat level for mass transit is going back down to yellow. This after the past few days of government officials and such speculating that terrorists might use fuel trucks as rolling bombs.
- And on a lighter note, here is one of the first announced candidates for president in 2008: May we introduce Christopher Walken!
Happy Bud Billiken Day to all our Tactical and Gang Teams and others fortunate enough to be working Saturday. Good luck at the World's Largest Lost Child Exhibition! We expect to hear lots of stories starting Saturday night.