- Ald. Tom Tunney (44th) said today he called a police commander after getting pulled over last week for using his cell phone while driving to question why officers in an “understaffed police district” with serious unsolved crimes are “assigned to pull people over solely for cell phone violations.”
What the fuck is going on in this city? Nanny state gone wild! The typical liberal thinking that someone somewhere knows what's best for you and by golly, they're going to pass a law to make sure you don't hurt yourself:
- don't use the hair dryer in the tub
- warning labels on cigarettes and alcohol
- motorcycle/bicycle helmet laws
- "assault weapons" ban
- aldercreature Burke's drive to ban transfats
- Foie-fucking-Gras anyone?
You want us to stop enforcing stupid laws, stop passing stupid laws. And to everyone who is claiming Tunney is a friend of the police:
The favored treatment that Town Hall District Cmdr. Gary Yamashiroya then gave to his local alderman Friday is now the subject of an investigation by the Chicago Police Department’s Internal Affairs Division.
Tunney insisted he never asked for the favor. But, the fact that Yamashiroya offered a service that is not available to everyday motorists could end up landing the district commander in hot water.
Second, Tunney is hanging a Commander of Police out to dry. What's Yamashiroya going to do? Call the aldercreature a liar? Nope. He's going to eat shit, smile, probably ask for seconds if he wants to keep his spot. If that ticket hasn't been non-suited already, we'd be surprised. And if Tunney says he paid it, we'll bet no one from the media asks to see the canceled check or County receipt.
If it goes down any differently that that, we'll send the first 10 readers to point it out to us a shiny new dime.