The Public We Serve
The Tribune has an article up on the Christmas Eve DUI accident that has left an off duty Chicago cop in bad shape. Very bad shape. We hope he recovers, but that isn't the story we're covering. The Trib also has open comments on the article. A sampling:
- Todd from Chicago - another cop who thinks the laws dont apply to CPD officers. way to go and lead by example
- Chicago Voter from Hillside - another drunk cop above the law and this will be covered up by his scum friends in the police dept. as they protect gang daly
- Marie from Northbrook - Noone should be defending this scumball, HE could of killed someone and thankfully he's the only one seriously injured.
- Marie again - Go feed your fat cop husband some more bagels and quit defending drunk driving **** pigs, unless maybe, just maybe, your fat cop husband is one of those drunk driving pigs and that's why you're so adamantly defending this lowlife.
- Pete from Chicago - You need to protect your police force. They work hard. If the guy was drinking...so what, if he was doing a little cocaine...so what, if he had a 9 year old kidnapped child in the back... so what. These guys risk their lives for you. As far as i'm concerned, they are above the law.
- Marie yet again - Quit defending this disgusting pig! Rot in jail piggy!
- Todd from Chicago - It's pathetic that cops and their battered wifes defend pukes like this guy and the drunk cop that killed those two men in lakeview a month or so ago, rather than be ashamed of these lowlifes for tarnishing the badge they hide behind.
Our adoring public. Granted, there are a bunch of suburban haters listed here and we do have our defenders popping up in the comment section of the article. But the complete willingness of the public to suspend any and all semblance of innocence whenever CPD is involved in anything is disheartening.