A group of pastors gave the Independent Police Review Authority an "F" after meeting with its director Monday over a recent spike in fatal shootings by Chicago Police officers.
The authority takes too long to complete investigations into shootings by officers, the Rev. Robin Hood said.
- "What happened to the days of police saying "Halt!" and "Drop your weapon." Why do you feel that you have to shoot so quickly?"
- A 17-year-old boy was killed and three men injured Monday night when four males in a van opened fire on them in an apparently gang-related drive-by on the South Side.
- A 19-year-old allegedly shot by a rival gang member while driving in a funeral procession Monday on the Southwest Side died of a fatal gunshot wound to the arm, an autopsy Tuesday revealed.
- A man slain on the South Side was involved in an argument before he was shot late Monday, police said.The shooting occurred at the intersection of West 102nd Street and South Lafayette Avenue, according to Calumet District police.
- Shots fired from outside hit a man in a bedroom Monday night in an Avalon Park community house on the South Side.
- A Chicago man was shot to death on the Near West Side on Monday, Chicago police officials said.
And all the stats you see quoted by the "reverends" that shootings are up? Lies. Shootings are down - we've just hit a heavy stretch at the moment.
And here's the only thing that matters - "You just fulfilled the first rule of law enforcement: make sure when your shift is over you go home alive. Here endeth the lesson." Sean Connery as Jim Malone in "The Untouchables"