Will This Scandal Never Die?
Retired detectives named in a decades-old Chicago Police torture scandal have been subpoenaed by a federal grand jury -- a clear sign a criminal investigation into former Cmdr. Jon Burge and others is ramping up, sources said today.
Five to 10 detectives received subpoenas last week to appear June 19 before the grand jury. The probe is headed by Sergio Acosta, civil rights coordinator in the U.S. attorney's office in Chicago, the sources said.
And is anyone going to point out the main beneficiary of the alleged torture currently sits in the Fifth Floor of City Hall? The City has spent millions defending these suits and millions more settling these suits. How much more tax money is going to be spent? How much more bad publicity is the Department going to have to go through?
Labels: dumb ideas