The more you read and digest Dugan's letter, the funnier it seems:
- As I expect you to hold your Watch Commanders accountable, I am holding you accountable for your Command.
And then we wonder about certain incidents where no one seems to be held accountable:
- The Burger Queen carries a loaded pistol through an airport checkpoint. Going through the archives, at least 3 regular citizens are facing Felony UUW charges and federal prosecution for this same thing, but the Burger Queen gets covered for by none other than Ric Flair's wife and doesn't even miss her plane. Accountability? Negative 2;
- A property owned by The Bartender is used to store guns, a largish quantity of narcotics, and a convicted felon. The ensuing CR investigation is strangled and dead by dinner time the exact same day. Accountability? Negative 1;
- J-Fed's Chief of Staff, appointed by the mayor to keep an eye on shit lest the hired feeb actually think he's in charge, is out making arrests with a gun he's not allowed to own, accompanied by a member of J-Fed's inner circle policy group. Accountability? Negative 2 again.
- And speaking of the Burger Queen, shouldn't someone be held accountable for the 55 listed openings in 2 periods? It's not like 003 has been hit by a wave of retirements. People don't want to work there - guess why?
You want accountability? How about making a few sacrificial lambs out of gold stars on the altar of accountability?
Labels: sarcasm AND silliness