Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring Ahead

Hope we got you this reminder before you showed up an hour late for work.:
  • Daylight saving time begins at 2 a.m. Sunday, so clocks should be set an hour later tonight.
    The United States--with a few local exceptions--loses an hour so that there is more daylight in the afternoon and evening.

    Daylight saving time lasts until Nov. 7 this year.

    The move is thought to save energy because it allows for less use of electricity for lighting.
J-Fed was at Roll Call and asked about you. Sorry about that.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Forgetful Snot said...

Damn it! I'm late for work.

3/14/2010 09:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Crap! I overslept! Guess I'll have to take tome due then.

3/14/2010 09:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you tell him I said "Suck it"

3/14/2010 01:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What? I'm late for work? Oh well, I guess I'll have to make up for it by leaving an hour early.

3/14/2010 02:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish i had got this early.. call in, only late by 30 minutes, but i made it

3/14/2010 04:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone know how many arrests did they make in 022 today

3/15/2010 12:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So if the sun rose before at 6:30, now it rises at 7:30. So I have to use the lights MORE now to see when I'm getting ready for work. True, it's light a little later so it's still light out on my commute home, but then it gets dark out and I have the lights on again, and stay up til the same time at night.

How does this save energy? Even so, if the light schedule is that important, wouldn't it be easier to just mandate employers shift the work day +1 hour ahead? It'd be easier to change schedules than reset millions of time-keeping devices across the country.

I guess I fail to see the logic.

3/15/2010 04:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts.......................... ..........................Older Posts