- "Things went bad" at a blaze in a West Englewood home tonight that injured three firefighters, including two left in critical condition.
The fire broke out shortly before 7 p.m. at a 1 1/2-story frame house located on the 7000 block of South Justine Street, officials said.
Firefighters had ventilated the roof before moving into the house, but were trapped in the attic area when it "lit up," said Fire Commissioner Robert Hoff. "In the attic things went bad. They got trapped."
Prayers and well wishes only for our fellow first responders.
Labels: fire fighters