From the comments, the supposed contract proposals presented to the CFD negotiating committee:
- Be prepared for a long fight folks.
This is from Local 2's website:
The Fight Is On!!!!!
May 25th, 2012
Brothers and Sisters,
City representatives met with Local 2’s Executive Board yesterday and presented their proposals for our next collective bargaining agreement. City negotiators did not address any of our proposals nor did they present us with any proposals on how to fix our pension system.
We obviously refused to agree to any of these horrendous proposals, and if what you are about to read makes you angry, it should. This looks to be a long and bitter battle.
Below is a synopsis of some of the City proposals:
· Eliminate Duty Availability Pay
· Only those designated as the EMT B/EMT P would be compensated as such for that shift (All would have to maintain their EMT license for their entire career)
· Eliminate 7% for Cross-Trained FFPMs
· Eliminate furlough buy-out provision completely
· Holiday Pay would be paid to only those who work the actual day.
· Non-duty lay-up coverage from 12 months in a 24 month period to 12 months in a 48 month period
· Days off for Bereavement Leave would be restricted and must include the day of the funeral
· Tuition reimbursement would be for EMT B/EMT P training only
· Candidate Probationary period from 9 months to 18 months for new employees
· Acting down to no longer be considered a variance
· All double houses (Engines and Trucks) would be manned with 9 instead of 10
· All BLS ambulances would be converted to ALS
· Only 1 vacancy order per year in June
· Eliminate Clothing Allowance
· Allow indoor training during inclement weather
· Eliminate Tech A and Diver Pay except for those working in that capacity on a given shift
· Eliminate all Cross-Trained Pay-Grade designations
· Reclassification of Ambulance Commander to F4 Pay Grade
· Eliminate Physical Fitness Incentive Program
We will, of course, continue to vigorously fight these insulting, ridiculous proposals. There likely will come a time when all Local 2 Members will need to join in voicing our disgust over these outrageous attacks on the wages, benefits and conditions we have fought for and earned throughout the years. The City is testing our resolve. The battle has begun! Everyone must take an active role in our future.
We will continue to update you when the situation warrants.
Guess what time it is people?