New Award?
The rumor mill started up again:
- What in the fuck is this new participation ribbon this silly department created? Another bull shit ribbon for some DEI boss to walk around with on his or her chest thinking he or she has done legitimate police work. The name of this ribbon you ask? Drum roll please. It’s called the “Resiliency Award”. I’m not making this up. If you were an active duty member from January 1,2020 through November 29, 2020 during Covid and Sir George Floyd of Fentanyl riots you get this ribbon. Just when you think this job can’t get more ridiculous the department creates an award for this nonsense. Hey , thanks for showing up and here’s your ribbon for coming to work. Nothing more just showing up.
First of all - completely believable.
Second - do they send it to retirees?
Asking for a friend.
Labels: rumors









153 Comments:
As someone said the other day. Congratulations to George Floyd, 6 years clean, sober & no arrests
How about retroactive paternity leave? 4 kids. Thats 360 days I got coming. Fop?
They gave the award out already. It should only go to those that worked the street and had contact with the general public. Awards mean sheet but others got paid to stay home with their kids while "essenstial workers" had to hire child care and work for their pay during covid. And they forced us to take the jab or be fired. Ill never forget it.
Just like the NATO participation award, right?
There's never been a shortage of BS ribbons fir the do nothings to wear. The 1996 convention ribbon, the good attendance ribbon, and the three ribbons for crime reduction. I always loved when the dogs would wear the ribbons and think highly of themselves.
There def was an award created for it because it’s in my awards Que. Don’t know whether it includes a ribbon though.
Participation ribbons have been going around for decades. Nothing new, get some time on the job kid.
“ North Korean generals wear the medals of their fathers and grandfathers”. Reddit.com
That award is for Larry the Stripper
It’s not a rumor, it’s fact. I just got my silly ribbon last week. I’ve already lost it. If everybody gets the award, then nobody gets an award. It’s not an award if every employee with a body temperature roughly in the 90s gets it. You’re exactly right SCC, it’s just participation bullshit. Also amusing how it took 6 years to get people this bullshit award. Awards, and punishments,, should be doled out swiftly, as the affects of both wear of immensely over time.
We got this award a while back. I’m waiting for our 2025 and 2026 crime reduction awards. The DNC doesn’t seem to be coming to Chicago for a while so forget another one of those.
Give everyone an award for putting up with idiot bosses with special gold stars.
How about an award for shooting all your rounds on the yearly qualification target. Maybe that would motivate more people to practice the fundamentals of shooting and clean their weapons. But what do I know, just a gun expert, who sees a failing department who don’t value their first responders.
5th district flaunts them big time.
I can send a forwarding address to my new department.
Its a participation trophy. You had to know they were coming eventually.
The award should have been "Resiliency" for not taking the Wuhan shot.
Yet another award for breathing while on the police department. Making bosses look like heros.
Fabulous.
When my kid was in grade school, they passed out "particpation awards" to all the kids who didn't win a race or competition. This is the same thing.
The public thinks policework is a joke. Its things like this that validate and reinforce that sentiment. Great work, Waller.
Do I get an award for staying up all night & safeguarding Bobby Rush’s office from getting looted, then getting outrage from skeleton Bobby, Beetlejuice and the Slum Times for resting on his sofa and helping my starving stomach to a microwave popcorn?
Didn't we get this six months ago?
We have 43 Fucking AWARDS! I think there's about 10 that you need handcuffs to get. The rest are all the "Look I'm A General" awards.. Don't believe me, look..
https://www.cfe-tagman.com/product-category/awards/cloth-ribbon-bars/chicago-police-ribbons/?product-page=2
🤣🤣🤣 when I saw this one pop up in my award list I 🤪🤪🤪
Quit whining
SCC, totally true. It's so classy they don't even take the time to print your name on it. Your name is printed on a sticky note. All the awards come with sticky notes. One of most slap in the face awards ever conjured up. Hey officer here is your Department issued COVID mask that comes with a tag that says does not protect against COVID. Bey officer, you have to register in the portal so the Department knows if you have taken your COVID shots yet. Officer you don't believe the media? You have to take the shot! It's to protect others. By the way, go stand in the middle of this citywide looting but, don't arrest anyone. Your days off are canceled. F your family! Now go stand in the middle of this riot for St Floyd because he ate his fentynal and you know that's racist and biased. Officer, additionally you have to comply with this consent decree to reform you. What do you mean you didn't consent? It's in the name, Consent Decree. You like rape but not rape. They call it consent rape. Of course you consented. Don't worry about the savages. They all get of jail every time. You consent, you reform, you take your shot. Two weeks to flatten the curve. Safe and effective. Sudden death. Yeah, that's going around now. Just randomly. Don't you recognize any patterns or connect any dots or we will call you a conspiracy theorist. Sorry just showing i earned my resilience award. Stay safe boys and girls. Head on a swivel.
Wow. When I was on they were generally just happy you showed up. Sobriety was optional.
This must mean Leo S.is coming back and is all short on Ribbons.
I initially thought that they followed me into the bathroom.
Not surprising
In the Service, there are two(2) very seperate and distinct grades for the Bronze Star Medal and the Commendation Medals ( ArmyCommendation Medal and Navy Commendation Medal).
If the Bronze Star Medal is awarded for Valor in actual combat, a small metal “V” ( Letter “V”, not Roman Numeral) is pinned through the silk ribbon of the Medal, the “ V for Valor”. Same with the Commendation Medal. Peacetime, No V Device; Actual Combat: V Device.
Perhaps CPD could have a “ V for Vaccinated”, and/or a “ C for COVID” if one actually got COVID.
They should have called it the Face Diaper Ribbon.
100% Covid scam and the asshole enablers
This fall they are coming out with a midnight basketball participation award!!
More CPD nonsense. I’ll take that OT check tho…
as an old retired guy here, let me comment ; You look pretty stupid wearing multiple rows of participation ribbons.
Gee, wasn’t this during the COVID lockdown-the-city-the parks-the lakefront-the businesses- time? Where you couldn’t go out and exercise in the fresh air, but certain unvaccinated persons could riot, steal, loot and burn unaffected by rules? Shoulda named it Survivor-of-Foolish Policies Award, not “resiliency”.
Nobody forced you to take the jab All you had to do was stand your ground.
Carter was so proud of himself, when he received his. He added it to the other B.S. Ribbons. Stood at attention in front of a mirror, and was so happy.
YES! For those of us that took the risk and stood firm.
Too bad we all couldn’t stick together and forced their hand, but just like Eddie Murphy said “the first slaves probably said fuck you, until they got cracked with the whip, then all the other slaves said I’ll pick that cotton”
maybe l can begin looking like CARTER and have a chest full of do nothing ribbons and strut around looking important
A good old ass kissing award will nail the department.
How about this award named first responder of the year and then termination for doing your job?
https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2026/08/20/chicago-police-cpd-copa-vecchio-snelling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spZOgdhtaMA
There should be an award for those that didnt take the jab.
I want a vaccinated ribbon award!
If we are going to decide who should get this resiliency award, then I say only people who stood up to the department and refused to get "The Fauci Clot Shot" these peoples careers were threatened and they stood their ground. To all of the people who caved in shame on you. Everyone knew there was something wrong with the way it was being shoved down our throats. How the social distancing and mask agendas was forced on all of us. Now proven to be baseless. Give the award to those people, not the knee benders and loyal devotees to "THe Science" of those incredibly difficult times.
I’m retired. I worked all that bullshit. Where’s my award?!!! I need to keep the mannequin tidy and crisp.
These dumb awards happen all the time. Wear them or don’t wear them.
This is an “old man yells at cloud” kind of rant.
I made up a ribbon out of a ribbon I got in some junk mail. I used the material and a frame from a prior participation ribbon. I keep it on my dress uniform, and wear it when I march on St Judes and/or inspections. No one has ever asked about it. I call it the "Never earned a ribbon, ribbon" It stands for every officer that performed above and beyond the call of duty and was never given acknowledgement of said act. I would like to see someone tell me to take that ribbon off. It means more to me than any other participation ribbon.
How about a ribbon for surviving the crosstown classic riots of 2026? Or a rainbow ribbon for dealing professionaly with the gay pride festival buffonery of the last decade? Maybe even a ribbon for serving under a 3 time meritorious clout baby that never passed a promotional exam? Yeah, more like that. Cany anyone suggest any more ribbons?
Whooo! _Whooo!
Don’t sell yourself short there are plenty of useless white bosses on this job who need those ribbons too.
I’d rather count Cow Farts
This whole time I thought it was called the mostly peaceful protest award
Got mine 2 yrs ago
All the exempts with ribbons on their chest are phoney awards. They all worked in units and if put in for an award in a unit it is never denied, Why, cause everyone knows if you are in a unit someone put you there so an award is never turned down. Not like patrol where most awards are denied.
Your slow to the dance…got mine 2 yrs ago
I want to know how a guy like Angel Novalez has numerous rows of awards, when 3/4 of his career has been inside!
I hit the medical for all of these events. I just happened to get sick during all of the riots and forced overtime. Do I still get the award?
Eric Carter is coming back for one more ribbon! 😂
No but McDermott made Chief for selling everyone out!
Off topic but can someone explain why Mexican Indepence Day requires 7 straight days of cancelled RDOs and 12 hr Days? Isn't there budget issues lol?
Im sure Good Ol Bobby got his popcorn free off of taxpayers!
Hey, I'm retired now in 2022.
. But I was still working then so, where's mine?
I never bothered with putting any ribbons on my uniform.
I’m so sick of these pussies hired nowadays.
The “paternity leave warriors” should go be dental hygienists or secretaries.
What a disgrace we’ve become.
You deserve a ribbon for that comment 🏆
Thanks for the advice.
Gear nerds always advise shooting 100% on the qual while usually never having been involved in a shooting on the street.
Those who can’t do, teach.
As a side note, if you email that Tagman site your complimentary history, they will build a rack for you, mail it to your house, and charge a decent price.
For those that care about wearing your hard earned awards.
They didn’t force anything... I didn’t get the jab and stood my ground. Fuck them!!
If this award really bothers you. You have too much time on your hand pal. You’re not the sharpest tool in the box. Cops have died during this period. Have some respect you sack of shyt.
My God, we couldn’t be lucky enough. Some say past 65 yoa. That can always be changed and has many times in the past. Leo was a great copper, a great boss, and a better man. Pray Leo comes your way.
Retired in early 2020. I want my ribbon. NOW!
Very few on CPD get promoted for their hard work.Useless medals and online college courses are the new high standard.
Dude that's old, got that a few month ago.
i hope leo comes back
You should have sued him for publicly tarnishing your reputation as a police officer and using the media to do it.
Good times....
I want 10 of them in different different colors, I’m trying to fill up my uniform for St Judes. I already have my tact pony tail
Who?! Doesn't want to wear the ribbon?!!!
screw you political hack
leo s was one the best bosses you could ever work for
Fuck yeah, another one for my fruit salad ! When am I getting my parker of the year ribbon ??
Bee,n retired nearly two decades...(Thank You) When I see pictures of CPD wearing rows of medals, taking for granted that they are in proper order, I look for the (orange) honorable mention ribbon in particular, then count down from there how many of the awards is considered (<) less than an honorable mention to get a better bearing on the ribbon stack. The same holds true going upward from the solid blue department commendation ribbon to help establish ascending preeminence evaluations. That being said, I still pray for ALL my brothers and sisters on the job along with fellow first responders and military personnel regardless of rank or ribbons.
God bless and stay safe!
Ol' vet, retired.
these awards are made up for the insecure merit boss's . they impress their lovers,kids with look what daddy got for all his hard police work. I pray Waller ends this merit BS. Pray he has a good friend that is next in line to be promoted if no merit promotions are made.
scored under 70% ,
No Merit Promotion sergeanto de la policia,El teniente de policia, capitan de policia
It wasn't Waller. This came out a long time ago
good thing I works in the caps office, I gets to put me in fo mo awards
Asshole Eric Carter wants his. Will come outta retirement for another bullshit ribbons to pin on. Swear saw this fool walking stores wearing all his unearned bullshit. What an ugly fuckstick. Dickhead.
I graduated from the academy 21 years ago and Snelling was my gym instructor. I have a picture with him at the graduation ceremony. He has four ribbons on his dress blues. He retired with a few rows earned while not even working the streets.
A lot of assholes with ribbons that never did nothing but show up to work on good teams or units. Only a few of these awards are ever earned by doing police work. Unfortunately the real police are always overlooked . Meanwhile posers go around telling war stories and showing off the accomplishments of others. Let’s get rid of ribbons!
G
O’Brian Alumni
Back in the 70/80 ‘s and old Bull Det Sgt. when lock up some for murder or a stick up etc. your reward was on the 1st and 16th of every month.
Ribbons are Bull Shit.
Working coppers know who are doing the real police work.
Stay safe kids and cover your Ass👀🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
the department couldnt be lucky enough for Leo to come back, His awards/ribbons are deserved was there and had input for many of his accolades a true policemans policeman
25 days straight of cancelled days off with 12 hour tours, twice, June and August. I'll take the ribbon I guess.
Like Carter, he likes ribbons and collects the colors he fancy.
Covid vaxx mandate exposed all the COWARDS.
typical p-ss- that has war stories for his boyfriend. now get your shine box punk
because you have incompetent cowards running cpd. they think us Mexicans are dangerous. racist idiots.
that meritorious clown wore ribbons on the uniform sweater.
The Vecchio that's in the Scum Times today for getting stripped is the same one that handed out a beat down to his gf a few days ago, why's he still got a gun after that
8/21/2026 12:46:31 PM; Best comment ever. So true!
The director of wellness was walked out of the building?
What’s your name I’ll look up to see if you’re on the list
I stopped wearing my ribbons after 911 that is where the real heroes died. None of my awards were even close to the sacrifices made by NYPD and NYFD.
Years ago asked the sergeant what he thought about an honorable mention. Was more deserving that most commendations today. He said that’s what you fucking payed for
For you really old timers, knew this ribbon crap was nonsense when I saw that Harley Schinker had the ribbon for physical fitness.
2020 Was a crazy time. The scamdemic and all the evil evil overtime. So much overtime. I’m still traumatized by all the taxes I had to pay on all that overtime. And the 40 acres I bought with all that $. I’m still traumatized by it all.
I will pin that metal on while I drink a cold beer up north and think about all the lefties making me earn all that $.
Fuck let’s to it again.
I’m so sick of these pussies hired nowadays.
The “paternity leave warriors” should go be dental hygienists or secretaries.
What a disgrace we’ve become.
Fucking hater. America needs to have better worker rights. Parental leave is awesome and it needs to become a federal law.
☝️
Lol.....classic
Novalez was shot in line of duty
I concur with your assessment, sir.
You sound like a real tier 2 woke pussy. STFU
thank fat a-- trickster and the democrats in November at the polling places for allowing the animals to riot
Because he worked tact many moons ago when you could do police work...and he did.
He’s facing termination now. What a piece of work if the allegations are true that he beat his girl.
We were mistreated, lied to, constrained, and then mocked. That was an awful time. Some decisions were terrible, and I was angry too. But there’s a huge difference between ‘that happened to me’ and ‘that is still happening inside me.’ I’ve had to ask myself whether I still want to carry all of that with me. Do you ever wonder what it would feel like to finally put some of it down?
If they gave awards out for putting up with incompetence. We would all look like generals.
The department is messed up. Over 25% of the sworn have to make a second attempt to qualify. It’s totally on the department.
WOW!
Thanks, I appreciated it.
They gave a ribbon out to everybody for the 1996 Democratic Convention. One was waiting for the frequent flyer medical abuser who was off for the entire time when they finally returned to work.
Barz boy toy is done. No more sauna time together.
1000%
It’s because a LOT of idiots act a damn fool for multiple days in the name of their “heritage”
The US Army had NO individual Decorations for valor until the Medal of Honor was established in 1863. The MoH was the ONLY Individual Decoration for valor until the Distinguished Service Cross ( Army) and the Navy Cross were established in 1917.
The first British Individual Medal for valor was the Victoria Cross, established about 1855. After the defeat of Napoleon at Waterloo in 1815, individual medals for bravery were proposed, but Field Marshal The Duke of Wellington vetoed the idea, saying: “ In doing what we ought to do, we deserve no praise, for it is our Duty.”.
Could someone please send me mine in Florida so I could wear it? Thank you.
How about the Medical warrior ribbon. Spend 6 months or more on the rolls for two consecutive years and earn a ribbon.
How about a Tack-Tickle service ribbon?
We need an award ribbon for the inside officers who never work the street. It could have a silhouette of a rat under a roof.
8/21/2026 11:19:31 AM
Like you would opt out of having paternity leave? Give me a break..
Novalez's time on tact was short lived in 012. Yes, he was shot in the line of duty, by his own informant!! He has been inside since that incident.
You’re always welcome to leave America if the country bothers you so much, maybe the paternity leave is more to your liking abroad.
I understand that post-part depression and other health issues arise for women, men just get the post-nut clarity.
Get back to work and provide for your family softball.
If this was 10 years ago I would agree…but after the last few years these “participation ribbons” are becoming a real red-flag of where this dept is headed. You see, some of our bosses and incompetent coworkers really think these ribbons mean something (which shows you how out of touch they are). Ribbons and awards should only be given for truly courageous acts or if you actually saved a life or there was a momentous historic event. Just handing them out is an insult to every copper who’s been shot, stabbed or in a shooting. And kinda shows you what this city really thinks about those officers.
Presently, the Silver Star is for valor and requires a person to display gallantry in action against an enemy of the United States, while in military conflict with a foreign force. The Bronze Star, "with the 'V' device appurtenance" is also awarded for acts of combat valor or heroism.
As far as medals are concerned, allow me to quote (paraphrase) the sentiments of then Captain Roger Donlon, US Army Green Beret and the first Medal of Honor recipient awarded during the Vietnam War.
He regularly emphasized that for every recorded act of heroism, hundreds of others went entirely unnoticed. He maintained that those countless, unrecorded acts of extreme bravery were seen by no human eye, leaving those soldiers "known but to God."
Many CPD (and fellow first responders) commit acts of bravery, valor, commitment, resolve and sacrifice that often are just considered as 'part of the job' without notice or reward.
So, to all my brothers and sisters serving past and present, know that you are doing, "God's Work" and ribbons are not your only reward.
May God Bless and Keep You Safe.
Ol' Vet, Retired
All the officers who abused the medical during this time. A lot did it numerous times. I would like to see the numbers of who never used the medical. They should get the award.
I have done more police work in a month than your entire bloodline squirt.
Per the emergency order from the governor exercising was one of the exemptions of going outside…I did more shopping and going out during Covid that I everv did…only the meek stayed in..
The old timers didn’t give a dam about these. Never wore them on the uniforms except the ones that didn’t have any other. Bosses liked to fill their board
Leo would be one of the top 3 candidates that we could hope for.
Resiliency award?...as if that was going to make a difference in morale around here. How about attendance awards? Sooner or later the medical roll abusers would all be found out. They would have no ribbons.
It is dangerous the Mexican gangbangers almost riot
I don't think that's why he's being terminated
how bout a rainbow ribbon for working the gay parade in boys town
Plastic Medals are for Plastic People..
Presently, the Silver Star is for valor and requires a person to display gallantry in action against an enemy of the United States, while in military conflict with a foreign force. The Bronze Star, "with the 'V' device appurtenance" is also awarded for acts of combat valor or heroism.
As far as medals are concerned, allow me to quote (paraphrase) the sentiments of then Captain Roger Donlon, US Army Green Beret and the first Medal of Honor recipient awarded during the Vietnam War.
He regularly emphasized that for every recorded act of heroism, hundreds of others went entirely unnoticed. He maintained that those countless, unrecorded acts of extreme bravery were seen by no human eye, leaving those soldiers "known but to God."
Many CPD (and fellow first responders) commit acts of bravery, valor, commitment, resolve and sacrifice that often are just considered as 'part of the job' without notice or reward.
So, to all my brothers and sisters serving past and present, know that you are doing, "God's Work" and ribbons are not your only reward.
May God Bless and Keep You Safe.
Ol' Vet, Retired
If you do anything to display valor or gallanty you will be at a Copa interview.
Love it.
I wear mine to bed on my pajamas.
0943: I actually HAVE opted out of paternity leave. Because 1) I don’t have feminine energy, and 2) Because of #1, side jobs and OT help me to be a provider for my family, while I balance my schedule to be around for them responsibly.
I've always thought there should be no awards. None. They truly mean nothing and are rarely earned. So let's have no awards.
8/23/2026 01:51:13 AM
Whatever you need to tell yourself.
he has not been inside since. he was a brand new Sgt. in 003 when I was there in '08
You can access the Resiliency Award Application form online at CPD Human Resources. Be sure to include all of your contact information in the appropriate spaces and check the Florida Flamingo Pink ribbon bar color option when completing the form. Use the PayPal option in the amount of $25.00 USD and electronically send it with the form to CPD HR. Your award will arrive within 180 days. Also, please consider checking the optional opportunity to send another $25.00 via PayPal to the Campaign for the Re-Election of Mayor Brandon Johnson. Thank you.
Rudy Kazooty Says:
If the department would come up with the “Big Fat Ass”, Medal, then half of the department would have something to display. Some could even get them while they are still in the CPD Academy.
Post a Comment
<< Home