Wednesday, August 19, 2026

CFD Injured

But not at a fire - in a crash:

  • Four people, including two Chicago Fire Department firefighters, were taken to the hospital after a crash on the city's West Side on Tuesday afternoon.

    It happened near Augusta and Long in the Austin neighborhood.

    According to Chicago police, a fire engine collided with a white pickup, sending the fire truck over a curb, into a stoplight and then into a tree.

    Fire officials say all four people were taken to the hospital in good condition.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger I Voted For Kamala said...

Be careful driving on the Wesside. Get well soon firemen.

8/19/2026 07:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ever see how the fire truck barrel down streets and dont slow down..Im surprised there arent more accidents with fire trucks!

8/19/2026 07:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto SCC, Praying for a full recovery for our fellow first responders.

8/19/2026 10:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope the CFD people were ok, along with the moron who struck them.

8/19/2026 12:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clear the intersections.

8/19/2026 04:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess if it was your family/property you would bitch that it took to long,what a tool.

8/19/2026 07:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn’t say who struck who. You do realize that CFD trucks go flying through intersections without stopping too

8/19/2026 08:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I have not observed fire trucks barreling down streets. Lifelong Chicagoan.

8/19/2026 10:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This guy is an asshole

8/20/2026 08:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They aren’t doing that. Most fire trucks see slow down at the intersections and blow their horns

8/20/2026 11:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have seen Assholes on the Westside barreling down the streets & don't stop slow down!!

8/20/2026 12:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This crash was recorded on a POD, so take a look. I’ll second the opinion that the CFD has some reckless drivers, and I’ve witnessed it on multiple occasions. Once, they blew through my crime scene without any regard or slowing down, breaking the tape and destroying the evidence scattered across the street, nearly running over my partner—all for a “person down” call.

8/21/2026 02:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts.......................... ..........................Older Posts