Monday, August 17, 2026

This CANNOT Be True, Right?

Right? (click for larger view)

Twenty-three people taking the test?

We got this via email, so no idea if it's true.

It's tagged as a Rumor. 

Labels: ,

187 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1985
40,000
Line at Taft H.S. was VERY long....

8/17/2026 12:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is good news for us coppers.
Bring on the OT baby.
You dinosaurs need to retire

8/17/2026 12:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The legacy of George Floyd. I guess he did change the world after all. The steep decline in recruitment and the mass exodus and retirements occurred during/after the black lives matter riots of 2020

8/17/2026 12:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw a female officer at a detail with neck and face tattoos. One of the tattoos was a teardrop. I’ve officially seen it all.

BE THE CHANGE!

8/17/2026 12:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mayor Brandon Johnson said that 'law enforcement is a sickness' that needs to be 'eradicated,' right? Maybe he's had ONE "success" in his one-term administration.

8/17/2026 12:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, okay so when I took the test there were 2000 of us.

Now it’s 1.15% of that taking the test.
Think about that, 1.15%.

Wonder how big the riot will be when the city implements a stop order on retirement and finds a way to forcibly keep people on the job.

Except that they’re basically forcibly pushing people off the job already through a burnout cycle and lack of support (except of course for those precious anointed and taken care of peeps).

Wow.
So…
Have fun.
Stay safe.
I’m fucking out.

And I won’t ever care that you won’t notice I am gone while I actually enjoy life again.
It ain’t worth it boys and girls.

8/17/2026 12:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Families of yesteryear had an average of 3-5 children. It was guaranteed if dad was a fireman or a copper at least 2 of the children will follow the footsteps. Now there are far less marriages and people (folks) aren’t having large families anymore. I remember growing up parents encouraging their children to become exactly that. In high school a lot of my fellow classmates were strictly focused on doing what is necessary to become a cop or fireman right after highschool. EMT-B or maybe basic no name classes at a local community college just to have credits. All their eggs were in one or the other basket. Now that’s not the case. Nobody discourages their children to NOT be a cop or fireman in Chicago than Chicago cops and fireman.
“Hell no I told him to apply to the suburbs. Oh, hell no I told her if she wants to be a medic apply to the suburbs.” Nothing is the same. This isn’t the world we grew up in. Nobody wants to work. The average 20yr old male now has the testosterone levels of a 70yr old man. Without a drive to want a life, your own space your own car a woman even there's no incentive to ever want a job. Living at home forever being broke playing video games is what getting a car, job and life was to us when we were in our early twenties. The lack of applicants has more to do with biology and the agenda to neuter males than it does politics.

8/17/2026 12:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sad, if true but I wouldn’t be shocked. Most do not want this job nowadays. With all of the scrutiny and lack of support. Also a lot of youth want to use cannabis.

8/17/2026 01:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It shouldn't be a rumor if it is. It should be the truth. Who in their right mind would take this job? Give up your weekends, holidays, cancelled days off, risk of getting killed, permanently disabled, maimed, sued, demonized by media, thrown in prison. For what? A paycheck? A Dept that no longer cares about the effort you put in at work but bases all opportunities within the Dept on what you do in your personal life, who you are related to, or who you are sleeping with. Politicians that are full of shit and don't have your back for doing the City's dirty work. A benefit package that make new hires work till 55 to get a pension and healthcare. So get on the job at 22 and spend 33yrs walking on eggshells trying to make it to the finish line. No way. Look what other Depts are offering. Philly PD 10yrs of service at 50, you have healthcare. Nashville you are vested in healthcare after 10yrs. So when you offer garbage benefits, no one should be showing up for that test unless they are having a mental health episode. I recently retired and if I could do it all over again, I would have slept in on the day of that test. I was promoted multiple times on score. Doesn't change the way I feel. This Dept treats Police Officers like total shit for the sacrifices they make and throws table scrap benefits at them. If you care about yourself and your family, but want to be the Police, do it somewhere else.

8/17/2026 02:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The institution is broken. The Chicago Police Officers are demonized by the Democrat Politicians and media. The politicians promoted incompetent bosses and instituted the worst policies they could. Further the department put into place a bureau internal affairs that don’t investigate inter department complaints fairly. The investigations favor what legal affairs and upper management wants. The policies that are in place don’t apply to the bosses. The whole place is a sham.

Only a fool believes what’s going on and goes out and gives above and beyond what they have to. It’s a shame that the public is lied to. For the none believers I just hope you don’t ever find out the truth. The workers always get screwed in the end.

8/17/2026 03:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course it was at Olive Harvey. I wonder if the test is offered at Wright or Daley college. The recruitment unit will recruit anywhere they can bump up their "diversity" numbers.

8/17/2026 03:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The woke crowd has made the job so miserable, no one wants it. It's the only profession judged by people who have no clue how to be a police officer. Between the media, politicians, crazy citizens and criminals, every turn you make is scrutinized by idiots who think they know how we should react in every situation without ever having been in that situation. I love when people ask why it took six police officers to subdue one person when they've never fought with someone high on drugs and it feels like you're fighting every super hero inside one person.

8/17/2026 04:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's just one location. How did the other locations do?

8/17/2026 04:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do we still have a recruitment unit if they fail at their job?

8/17/2026 05:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took the test twice. And both times I scored in the 100’s……they dumbed down the test and equalized the results of the first one. I was never called? And on the second they started calling applicants within a week of the test to the backgrounds to start filling classes. Both tests were held at high schools were there were thousands taking test at just my location? I guess the politicians have got their wish in defunding the police! Nobody wants the job?

8/17/2026 05:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well there was a Cubs game, a Bears game and the Air and water show. So people had plans?

8/17/2026 05:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why sign up for 20 years of ghetto abuse & the threat of getting sued for doing my job?

8/17/2026 05:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is what they wanted; it’s the feature, not the bug.

8/17/2026 06:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heard it yesterday as well.

How sad.

When you are deemed the enemy, shocking no one wants to wear the uniform of "the enemy".

Fuck the Leftists
Fuck C0PA
And KMA Larry
Earned, not Given... yeah?

Now you assholes can't give it away.

FOAD

8/17/2026 06:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like people are getting smart and getting out of Chicago. Why work in a city with residency requirements. Get rid of residency and you’ll get a much bigger turnout.

8/17/2026 06:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably not too far off as a rumor. Same with ISP. Classes used to run about 50 cadets, plus some double classes. Lucky to get two dozen cadets now. Nobady wants to be the police anymore. Can you blame them?

8/17/2026 06:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I took it in '81, 18,000 taking it.

8/17/2026 06:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this surprising? Why would anyone want to be the police in Chicago? First off the powers that be won’t allow you to be the police. Essentially you can’t do anything without being second guessed by some police impersonator randomly viewing BWC footage and critiquing how you handle yourself as a police officer. Then if these fake police at force review find some sort of violation they run and tell their supervisor about it and then he or she decides what type of punishment to dole out. This department is a fucking joke.

8/17/2026 06:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt very much that is true even though nobody wants the job because we have zero leadership and the Democrats are all about abolishing police and the hatred toward the police

8/17/2026 07:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who wants this shit job anymore..If these DemoRatic Socialists get into office then we wont need police anymore.

8/17/2026 07:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are doing tests all over and online. They are so desperate for bodies.

8/17/2026 07:20:00 AM  
Anonymous The Keesing Bandit said...

I'm surprised there are that many.
Now, kees me you fool!!!!

8/17/2026 07:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why couldn’t it be true? Nobody wants the job anymore, and those that do are only coming on for the benefits.

8/17/2026 07:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very sad; however, it’s abundantly clear what I, personally, must do. I’ll show-up for the September test dates. I’ll tell the test administrator I simply went gray at an early age. With such incompetence and indifference rampant through the Department I’m sure I can slip through the process. I can even lift half my weight! If all goes according to plan then between my sergeants pension, social security and my second time around patrolman’s salary I should be making Larry Snelling kind of money! Just put me on a rapid somewhere up north…

8/17/2026 07:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time for a new Commission on why nobody wants to be the poe-leece.

8/17/2026 07:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I saw it advertised that you can take it online at home which might be one of the reasons for low attendance

8/17/2026 08:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mean, I took it with 9000 people, back when they offered it once every few years at McCormick. Now it's offered basically monthly at like 6 different sites.

8/17/2026 08:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2013 December.
12000 at McCormick.
BWC’s, Ferguson effect, Fentynyl Floyd, consent decree and COPA all made this job un-fucking-bearable. Back in 2014 my neighbor, a DOT supervisor with heavy aldermanic clout offered me a desk spot at a similar rate of pay as CPD…… I declined because I really loved the job. He had passed in 2017. Should have taken him up on his offer. I’m a goddam idiot.

8/17/2026 08:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pension payments little person

8/17/2026 08:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True

8/17/2026 08:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does your appearance command respect?

8/17/2026 08:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let’s thrown in 5 more levels of oversight. This will make the job more desirable

8/17/2026 08:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good points, well made. It's surely a different world we live in these days. When you can walk into a store and purchase weed that numbs your brain and kills your ambition it surely has an effect. And let's not forget having to take a piss test that you can't pass due to using weed as also causing low turnout.

8/17/2026 08:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Twenty years of indoctrination of school children has performed its duty! Between Academia, the Democratic Party and the MSM, police work has been deemed to be an entity of evil, racist, xenophobic influence. And yet- calls to 911 for help have only increased from those who spout these lies. So yes, we will still respond, to help, serve, and protect those who are in need.

8/17/2026 08:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Old Timer here....
I see more female police with more tattoos then the con's I use to cuff up.....so sad

8/17/2026 08:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can make low 6 figures in 5 years, I just don’t get it.

8/17/2026 08:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took that test. Drank all night and went right to test after pounding a beer. Was a good time.

8/17/2026 08:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Signed an uninformed, unintelligent be-the-change hire.

With more collecting pensions and less feeding in, there will be nothing left for you!

Your short-sidedness is only surpassed by your ignorance.

8/17/2026 08:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took the 1st stageof the Police test at Lane Tech HS and there were 4000+ applicants. I took a Fire Dept test at the United center years later. Seeing them all in one area made it look huge. At least a couple thousand more. Back then a dept of Personell copper told me that most people (or folks) that score well enough wash out on the background and drug tests. They did them in that order back then. Test Scores-Background-Drug Test. Now with the new lowered standards which no one seems to know...its anybodys guess. Point is...if you're a new kid OTJ I wouldnt do a lot of bragging about being selected. Glad your here, now get out there and do some work. Or hang around the station working on your next merit promotion. It wont change very much. BTW...your days off are still canceled.

8/17/2026 08:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All in the recruitment unit went to CPS. They always fail.

8/17/2026 08:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That’s sad. I remember taking it around 2010 maybe, was called in 2012. Test was at McCormick and had a morning and afternoon session, both of which were about 5K people.

If that doesn’t tell you the state of policing in this county, I don’t know what does. The “leadership” in this state have failed the people so badly. Ask just about any suburb too. Their applications are in the single digits as well. A lot of towns now even just have an “open window,” where you can apply if you want. Crazy.

8/17/2026 09:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to worry...they are hiring more ex gang bangers as Violence Interruptors. Apparently the background check is easier and they dont drug test.

8/17/2026 09:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And when I took the test there was 30,000 of us…

8/17/2026 09:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The exam must given orally. Everyone knows that CPS graduates cant read.

8/17/2026 09:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Catch 22

You want to be Chicago Police?
You’re crazy!
If you’re crazy you cannot be Chicago police.
You don’t want to be Chicago police?
You’re OK!
You can be Chicago police.

8/17/2026 09:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took the exam at Wells HS, 936 N Ashland in 1964. I remember the Tribune use to publish the results in the paper when it was released. I do remember that they said in the beginning of the release that a person named Manley has scored very near the top of the list. He was the son of another Manley, his father, who I think at the time was the Commissioner in some dept at city hall. I remember the younger Manley saying that when we graduated he was going to 018 tact. Where do you think he ender up? Yes, 018 and was on the tact unit in 6 months. Thank goodness that the job was on the square in those days...... LOL. Remember his days as an Inspector ?

8/17/2026 09:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is not about maintaining a life style. You will burn yourself out. Think about who it effects.

8/17/2026 09:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make sure he loose it first

8/17/2026 09:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Problem is all 23 are merit babies Destin for hold stars.

8/17/2026 09:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don’t have to worry about slowing down hiring if no one applies for the job.

8/17/2026 09:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not kidding. The same shit head that we were doing contact cards on in 009 is now walking the halls of Homan. We fucked with him and he points to his team mate and says he use to be a two-six and laughs. Maybe CPD just gave up all together.

8/17/2026 09:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I took the test in 74 you had to pay $5.00 to apply. There were over 16,000 and the list was 5,000

8/17/2026 09:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh grasshopper, you have so much to learn.

8/17/2026 09:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spoken like a true moron next generation officer who doesn’t realize how the pension system works. Soak up all the ot buddy while it lasts and invest wisely because at this rate of attrition, there will be no pension for you.

8/17/2026 09:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are more people in the recruitment unit than there are taking the test!!

8/17/2026 09:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because where else would you be able to hide the weakest of our ranks?? If a numbers crunch was ever done on the unit as a whole, I bet the avg service time is 5 years or less and activity on this job is pathetic

8/17/2026 09:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ur life & time isn’t worth the OT that the IRS will take

8/17/2026 09:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have also seen this officer. She is a PPO & has neck/face tats. What a SHAME

8/17/2026 09:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is going to pay into the pension?

8/17/2026 09:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha and you think Daley or Wright college are any different. What rock are you living under?

8/17/2026 09:59:00 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

When I took it, it was at the old Chicago Bulls stadium, you had to pay $10 and the place was packed (20,000 people)

8/17/2026 09:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree get rid of residency and problem solved!!

8/17/2026 10:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sad for you clout baby. Glad you did not take it ..

8/17/2026 10:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need some new people and folks to pay into the pension.

8/17/2026 10:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She can pay into the pension.

8/17/2026 10:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Communist democrats showed their ass in 2020 and they’ll do it again. Shitcago and blue Illinois is no country for old men. The country is dividing up by culture and beliefs. That said, it is worrying that they can’t even get shitbirds to become the police and pay into pension.

8/17/2026 10:26:00 AM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Just like voting, democrat voters can't drag themselves to a one-time event at McCormick.
So, tests are offered more frequently and more accessible.
Look at hires from 5 years, mentals, gangbangers, bimbos, low IQ, cant write recluse.

8/17/2026 10:28:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Took the test in 1835, there were only 2 other guys with me. 23 is a big step up.

8/17/2026 10:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Fatass and Clownhead! No one wants to be the police anymore. Chicago is going to get the government they well deserve very soon.

8/17/2026 10:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything you describe is a result politics and a failing culture by design.

8/17/2026 10:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I took the exam in 1993, there were 30,000 people taking the exam. I was eventually hired in 1996. Took 3 years to go through the process and get hired.

8/17/2026 10:31:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who cares who they recruit now? Do you want your kids to be stuck in this shit city on this stupid job? Hire felons. 3rd tier pension. Make em pay more, but the bone is they can carry legally. Win-win.

8/17/2026 10:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Dinosaur maxxed on in deferred comp said...

I dont want any more OT. You can have it all kid. Ill be out at my 2nd home in the country on weekends with my family. If your wife and kids havent moved out and still remember you when you decide that its no longer necessary to survive in this city you may begin to understand. Go get them hard charger.

8/17/2026 10:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chicago is about 25% criminals, 25% illegal alien, 25% communist shit lib, 15% decent people who may not be able to leave for whatever reason, and 10% young college grads here for the city experience. Bad numbers. Gotta recruit from the criminal element.

8/17/2026 10:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank a liberal fucking democRat

8/17/2026 10:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous

This is good news for us coppers.
Bring on the OT baby.
You dinosaurs need to retire


We can’t wait to!! Do you think we really want to be around the tattooed, lifted Jeep and skinny jeans TikTok police? Good luck, most of you can’t complete a parker, let alone an arrest report.

8/17/2026 10:51:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I Took The Test In 1991 @(Lane Tech)We Were Told That There Were over 37 Thousand Taking The Exam !
Jesus What Is Going On Brothers & Sisters ?
What A Disgrace !

God Bless & Stay Safe Out There & Go Home To Your Families !
Ret A/4 RBT Det !

8/17/2026 11:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because there are so many applicants to take the fire test now you have to be picked by lottery just to be able to even take the fire test. What a difference

8/17/2026 11:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The city is shit and therefore will desperately accept shit recruits. They will all pass the written exam (reading English not required or wanted) and all will graduate the academy, and all will give the citizens the policing they want and deserve. 23 to take exam tells you all you need to know.

8/17/2026 11:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Family member did it and is a copper in northern burbs. Happy as a lark.

8/17/2026 11:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

clout jobs

8/17/2026 11:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, this is the legacy of a Muslim who lied and said he was Christian, a Communist, and a race hustler by the name of Barack Hussein Obama.

HE is the touchstone to the anti-police movement along with his sidekick, Eric the Red Holder.

Obama was the Trojan Horse opening the gates to destabilizing the Constitutional Republic.

He was installed to do that very thing.

8/17/2026 11:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get a Gold Star.

Many here just don't see the Big Picture.

8/17/2026 11:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And no one to pay your pension dummy. Mom's basement is your future.

8/17/2026 11:30:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

100% true

8/17/2026 12:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was dying laughing at this Deputy chief who had the balls to question people for bump cards while that shit is going on. Let’s get real here. What makes us less unprofessional between the two? We are so far from where we need to be that it’ll take decades of pain before this place (if it ever does) get back to a spot of reasonable seriousness. Until then look point laugh.

8/17/2026 12:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dumbass, who do you think is gonna pay your tier 2 pension?
Better use that o/t on a high yield.

8/17/2026 12:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the smart cpd officer n there are alot of non clouted cpd officers out their join cpd complete the academy (now state certified ) n then lateral to a good suburban department ( that suburb gets a great officer n save money on sending to the police academy also the suburbs of milwaukee have alot of great departments

8/17/2026 12:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

unless michael obama runs aoc is the dems next presidential candidate -god help us

8/17/2026 12:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations George Floyd !!!
Clean and sober 6 years now !!!

8/17/2026 01:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That’s the police trying to fit in looking like a criminal.

8/17/2026 01:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It’s been broken for a while. Lot of what you’re saying is true. We are just the tools to be used by the bosses. No camaraderie on the job.

8/17/2026 01:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is happening because the cost of everything is too expensive. It’s all by design. Woman want careers and don’t want to have 5 children. Sad.

8/17/2026 01:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Anyone in that unit is a friend of a gold star. Similar to the mob.

8/17/2026 01:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just answer your jobs and call it a day.

8/17/2026 01:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree.

8/17/2026 01:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So true. What kind of people can you get taking a test for a job as a police officer at home. Sad that they allow this.

8/17/2026 01:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Vanecko Test preparatory classes alumni always get hired in the first classes. And my sources tell me that they dont even have to show up on the first day.

8/17/2026 01:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, Ill keep my seniority and annoy you and retire at 65 with two stars on my sleeve.

8/17/2026 01:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That also comes with denied time off....

8/17/2026 02:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The CPD recruitment team is a joke. Go on their Facebook page.

If the recruitment team can't recruit. Then send their ass back to a beat car.

8/17/2026 02:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a lot of good people that were turned down in the late 90's and 2000's for BS reasons now look at CPD ? SMH....Muslims and illegals gonna come fill it when dems get back in !

8/17/2026 02:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

phoenix az pd is taking laterals

8/17/2026 02:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Done and done

8/17/2026 02:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

17 tears ago I had a lottery number of 2,000 something during my hiring process that took 2.5 years. I remember asking friend applicants what part they were in the process in relation to their lottery number. It was like a golden ticket. Now, the recruiters are 3 year wonders making cringe videos and calling back people who failed the physical and drug tests.

8/17/2026 03:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may just be a goof. Sorry

8/17/2026 03:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

25,000 took the test in 1993; back then we even had people stealing cars to go take the test. It was a highly desirable job back then, we were a respected department back then, we were one of the oldest officer age departments back then

8/17/2026 03:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Recently worked with an officer who was born in 2002. Insane.

8/17/2026 05:04:00 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Too hot in there.

8/17/2026 05:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of the newbies can't even spell COP.

8/17/2026 05:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when a million people took the test in a one room school house!! Little whipper snappers

8/17/2026 05:38:00 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Take the test. Get sworn. Work the Beat.

Then you'll understand.

8/17/2026 05:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now do you officers finally believe me when I say we are 3,000 officer short. You better start to realize less money is being put into the pension system. Wake up!

8/17/2026 05:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know cannabis is legal now?
It doesn’t disqualify candidates.

8/17/2026 05:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone that’s in ANY UNIT is friends with a Gold Star!
Duh!!!!

8/17/2026 06:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took the fire test years ago at the united center I still remember the question. Which is not a day of the week? A. Monday B. Wednesday C. Saturday D. Today. 20,000 people took that test. Taken police tests also 10,000-25,000 applicants. Now there aren't 25,000 applicants throughout the entire crappy state. Got on in the burbs & retired this year at Sgt. no one was given anything you earned it all. Did we work "hard" every shift no but when we were needed we were there. I'm going to miss the job. I'm going to miss the guys & I'm so sad at what these jobs have turned into. It's not the men & women taking the tests. It's society & the damn participation trophies. We gave an entire generation trophies to be losers. No scores at baseball everybody wins. We will look back on this in 100 years & realize when we stopped playing to win we made nothing but weenies who wanted & accepted a trophy for just being on a team even if it was 3-27

8/17/2026 06:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What???? are you talking about.

8/17/2026 06:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get OT handing out radios? Sit down clown.

8/17/2026 06:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Police Officer of today , “I need to go on the medical cause this is to much pressure” “My Sgt yelled at me”. All these south and west side clowns.

8/17/2026 06:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manley’s father was just another hooked-up Hibernian and might have been in charge of the bridges and bridge tenders. The kid you refer to became Captain but resigned in disgrace for sexual harassment beefs including exposing himself in front of females PO’s. Classy guy.

8/17/2026 06:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the psychiatrist weeded people out for goofy reasons

8/17/2026 06:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Took the test in 1988 or 1989. Came on 27 August 1990 class 90-3. 30,000+ between Lane Tech and Daley College took that test. Got promoted in rank order 2 out of 3 tests and I don’t regret a single day. My only regret was having to leave on
my 63rd birthday. I’d certainly would have stayed until 65. I miss kicking in those doors.

8/17/2026 07:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of these lazy prospects never left their house until they were 15 or 16. They have Zero social skills and dont know shit about being the police. They drink way too much caffeine and are all ADHD. Take away their cell phones and they will cry like little bitches.

8/17/2026 07:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you are so right!!!
I have told people the same thing.
Lawyers,Doctors and Judges
do they have civilians scrutinizing their actions!!!???

8/17/2026 07:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

applicant asks where to go take the test, he was told to read the sign, so he did and again asked where to go take the test

8/17/2026 08:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send their asses to 003

8/17/2026 08:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on, you mean the idiot that would start out every recruitment video with “wooooh” would get sent back to her unit??? She’s too busy working for another coppers travel agency being run on company time out of the caps office in near west.

8/17/2026 09:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if you’d offer more house mouse jobs , people would apply. Open up a third academy or expand HQ. Offer free sleeve tattoos and watch the number of recruits rise

8/17/2026 09:38:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If they make it so that 29 years on gets you the medical even if you’re not 55 years old they’d get more people to take the test.

8/17/2026 10:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1835? Typical...

8/17/2026 11:40:00 PM  
Blogger Anonymous said...

Way more than that if you consider who's working the streets.

8/18/2026 12:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know cannabis is legal now?
It doesn’t disqualify candidates.


We active can’t consume cannabis or you will face termination.

8/18/2026 12:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the new young officers coming on are over weight and wear more usless gear on their vests. This shows they never have and never plan on getting into anything physical.

8/18/2026 12:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget, Johnson is the same jagoff that supported that convicted cop killer fleeing to Cuba.

8/18/2026 01:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Signed Recruitment and Retention. Quit your false promises that the power prep sessions helps the cadets 😂

8/18/2026 03:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the coppers.who post themselves on social media in uniform because they think they are cute. Look at me with xyz, look at what I eat everyday, look at me in my cute police uniform. I may not do shit as far as police work but look at me!! I hope they get doxed

8/18/2026 04:45:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The following is spot on but may I add that Obama will be remembered for the downfall of this country.

No, this is the legacy of a Muslim who lied and said he was Christian, a Communist, and a race hustler by the name of Barack Hussein Obama.

HE is the touchstone to the anti-police movement along with his sidekick, Eric the Red Holder.

Obama was the Trojan Horse opening the gates to destabilizing the Constitutional Republic.

He was installed to do that very thing.
8/17/2026 11:27:39 AM

8/18/2026 05:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe if you weren't such a miserable, do nothing, cry baby, you'd have someone offering you something. Stick to handing out radios and rush hour parkers..

8/18/2026 06:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CPS honor student no less

8/18/2026 06:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds about right almost a decade later

8/18/2026 07:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DROP program needs to be passed so the department can continue normal operations…since no one new will be hired.

8/18/2026 07:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was 20 our guy told the family I could be a cop or go the water department. I wanted water department for the OT. Older guys in neighborhood were rolling in cash. Brand new Grand Prixs , sharkskin suits, the whole 9 yards. Grandma made me go on CPD. They figured I wouldn’t have to worry about taking a pinch for carrying my beanie. It all worked out.

8/18/2026 07:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look on the computer. It will tell you how many officer by rank are on the job. It also shows seniority. Thats the way to tell. It clearly shows the number of active duty officers

8/18/2026 07:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True a disgrace come on now get to the gym! Eating the free fast food will result in sickness and quick death!

8/18/2026 08:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why work when the socialist's government will it give to you for free

8/18/2026 08:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

8/17/2026 07:01:07 PM
Kicking in doors…. Wtf? Tell us w/o telling us that you have never worked the watch…?

8/18/2026 08:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1975 over 35,000 took the test the job was still good at the time now it is shit worry more about the teachers that the police

8/18/2026 08:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah wah i didn't take my desk job at DOT

8/18/2026 08:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if you think nepotism runs deep in the police dept it is just as bad in the fire dept and that is just to get on the job, back in the day it was near impossible to get on the job without a backing

8/18/2026 08:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Growing up, I always wanted to be the police and not just any police but the Chicago Police. I didn't do well in school, was kicked out of high school and kind of abandoned the idea due to not having college. I left the state, got on the job and was happy as could be. Lateraled back into Illinois (VERY dumb on my part but remember I'm not too bright) and got on elsewhere. Had the FOP pay for my degrees and have moved up the ranks where I am at.

Still think back about how it would have been had I done it differently. CPD is a shell of its former greater self - I can see that from the outside. I have plenty of friends who still work for the city, and it seems none of them are happy anymore. It really is a shame, but when you are villainized from every side, how can it be any different. The people, city hall, the press, hell even the teachers hate coppers anymore. It is definitely NOT the city I remember, and I remind my friends that not everywhere is like that. If you really still want to do the job, find a place that values you – there are plenty of other departments out there.

8/18/2026 09:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

8/18/2026 06:15:51 AM

Clouted asshole, in case you never learned from experience, the department will always keep the average nobody copper down working in patrol. This is the system in place and 90% of us just go with the motions because nothing will ever change. The glass ceiling is very real.. Oh and if you suck ass long enough eventually you’ll start choking on shit. We are built different.

8/18/2026 09:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a question for officers who went from Chicago to the suburbs but now want to come back to Chicago: Why? Are the suburbs not that great?

8/18/2026 09:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Took the test Dec 1993…was hired May 1996

8/18/2026 09:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great assessment. Totally agree!

8/18/2026 09:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!

8/18/2026 09:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see it. The biggest loser is the public. I see these officers trying to do as little as possible. So sad. They ruined a great profession.

8/18/2026 09:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yes men bosses and no nothing bosses messed the place completely up.

8/18/2026 09:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

8/17/2026 06:55:04 PM

Wasn’t there a time in the 90’s when they were calling Miss Cleo from the Psychic Hotline to determine which candidates to disqualify?

8/18/2026 10:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We’re all blue, we all know he started the hate police in 2009.

8/18/2026 10:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nobody is going to work 29 yrs or more on this job anymore.99.99 percent of
Current and retired officers would agree.

8/18/2026 11:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That’s what it should be 29 and out at 70%. Offer an extra 1% raise every year you stay after reaching 29 years . Maybe pick up the medical insurance if you stay on after 29 years. Many will stay.

8/18/2026 12:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was breakdowns of test takers sex and race?

8/18/2026 12:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen them at a recruitment event? They look like shit. 5 of them standing there all in different forms of uniforms. Majority of them have a few years on and couldn’t fill out a tow report.

8/18/2026 12:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new recruits are on their phones all day and don't observe what''s outside the squad car and won't pull their guns on a high risk traffic stop.

8/18/2026 01:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It’s February 1991 my recruit class was released as a ready reserve at the Academy as the Desert Shield protests were winding down. I came to my District 1 and 1/2 hour early to get situated and make sure I wasn’t late on my first day. I appear in uniform at the desk and ask where the roll call room was is. The desk guy looks at me, snarls and says, “you’re a preliminary investigator, go investigate and find it yourself”. It as upstairs. I later learned the guy was going through a miserable divorce. A year later I wind up on the car with him for just one tour. Nicest, most pleasant guy to work with. The divorce was over, he bought a place a the Chippewa Flowage, and he and his black lab lived happily ever after. RIP Terry Asbury.

8/18/2026 03:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You, Sir, are correct. Every single Chicago Policeman and every single American needs to read the late Professor Angelo Codevilla’s article, “The Chosen One”

8/18/2026 03:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Retired FTO said...

I dont even want to be the police anymore. I wouldnt come back for twice as much money. And training this next generation of police? Gotta say no. They know it all. Posess zero social skills, and zero street smarts. They consume way too much caffeine, and blame everyone else but themsleves for their shitty station in life. No way man. Im staying out.

8/18/2026 04:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly! As the great George Carlin once said: They don't tell the kid who lost he's a loser - instead he's the last winner.

8/18/2026 05:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before 0bozo became President I heard an interview of him where he was decrying the fact that the Constitution put shackles on government.
People were so foolish and blinded to vote for this wolf in sheep’s clothing.

8/18/2026 06:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel ya

8/18/2026 07:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cause they are actually held accountable for handling their calls, being proactive and doing follow ups to their calls & reports. It’s much easier to hide in a district, be a number and not do anything without anyone hassling you.

8/18/2026 08:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Accountability. Most CPD can’t handle working in places that have standards. About 3 years on CPD is enough to taint you.

8/18/2026 09:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Yeah, the psychiatrist weeded people out for goofy reasons
8/17/2026 06:55:04 PM"

They were disqualifying White Males.

8/18/2026 11:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because there are about 150 suburbs and they are all different. Some of there PD's are better than others. I like how people refer the them as "The suburbs," like there's one big burb. If you lateral to a burb, do your homework and pick wisely. One tip: Most reports that are done by burb PD's are more than one or two chicken scribbled sentences in a narrative. Oh, and when you get a job, you actually have to go to it, not drive by and give it a 19-P. You ain't going to Naperville and be an "Englewood Ranger."

8/19/2026 06:32:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ 8/17/2026 12:27:17 PM
That was the start of it though

8/19/2026 07:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

walk away after 30 years, no goodbyes, no cake and coffee just pack up my shit and walk out and never looked back that was a very good feeling

8/19/2026 08:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

im with you brother they had cake n coffee for me the north side district i retired from had a little class but i never looked back

8/19/2026 03:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The burbs are fine but as others have said you have to produce paper on jobs, be responsive, follow their policies and procedures and provide services. As far as coming back, it's all about choices. If you don't like the burbs and come back to Murder City, then do it. However, shut up and stop beefing about the bullshit that you came back too. It's a job. If you don't like it try coding.

8/19/2026 09:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 2 happiest days I had on the job was getting hired and second was turning in my retirement papers

8/20/2026 07:59:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

100% I LMFAO reading that you are dead on.

8/20/2026 08:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

traffic stop? wtf is that? lol

8/20/2026 08:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mudslide Slim Says:
Why go take the test and waste time? Just drop an envelope off at your Aldermans Office. The thicker the envelope the higher your score. The FBI & DOJ ? They still haven’t caught anyone in decades. It’s a win win situation..!

8/20/2026 08:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts.......................... ..........................Older Posts