Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Sig P320 Decision

This one flew under the radar:

  • A federal jury in Maine said there were no defects in Sig Sauer's P320 in a case in an unintended discharge of the firearm.

    The jury considered product liability, negligence, and breach of implied warranty, and ruled unanimously in favor of Sig Sauer.

No word on the jury's experience with weapon usage, handling and ownership.

But the unsubstantiated stories were enough to panic many Departments into abandoning the Sigs as a duty weapon.

Any word on whether the City was compensating affected Officers and properly training them up on their new pistols? 

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’m old school I have two S&W M&P 9’s

8/18/2026 12:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The order still states that the P320 is an authorized pistol.

8/18/2026 12:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why even take the chance on a gun with such a troubled history of malfunction?
I’m out on Sig.

8/18/2026 12:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure about any of this .. I still have my Model 10 along with my chief's special on my ankle.
~ 5 weeks til' retirement to Tennessee.

8/18/2026 12:40:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finding no fault in pistols that fired without being touched and documented on video is not exculpatory. It's damning.

8/18/2026 04:12:00 AM  
Anonymous The Keesing Bandit said...

There are a lot of weirdos in Maine. Believe me, I know weirdos.
Now, kees me you fool!!!!

8/18/2026 04:55:00 AM  
Blogger Was that a SPEEDBUMP?! said...

Can’t even walk into PSTC with a P320. I love mine, paid $250 for it on a buy back resale.

8/18/2026 05:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

“Ruled unanimously is Sig Sauers favor”

Looks like Sig’s slogan of “Never Settle” was successfully used in court. Truly fascinating, considering that people have gotten injured and killed because of this defective firearm, not by user error.

8/18/2026 05:28:00 AM  
Anonymous NavySealRanger12 said...

10-minute YouTube videos from engineers and gunsmiths explain (and demonstrate) in simple-terms the bad decisions and corporate cost-cutting which results in the Sig P320 being a weak and unsafe design. No 3-points of safety contact, using cheap Indian-pot-metal, etc. The fact that the original version could go off by just dropping it from 4-feet (and that Sig attempted to hide that fact) was bad enough. There are so many better and proven polymer handguns out there so why risk life and limb?

8/18/2026 05:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The story was always bullshit

8/18/2026 06:04:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm no expert on the Chicago PD end of this, but I have taken both the Glock and Sig armorers classes. The Glock is a much simpler design and has less things that can go wrong in it.

8/18/2026 06:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy people in charge running the asylum. But we all knew it. Someone simply didn’t like that weapon.

8/18/2026 06:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer Posts.......................... ..........................Older Posts