No More Writs?
We aren't sure what this means, but we're sure some detective can enlighten us. From our e-mail, we get the following:
- You want to talk about homicide rates going sky high and clear up rates going way down discuss the new policy coming down the pike once again tying the hands of ALL DETECTIVES, No more taking custody of cook county jail inmates on writs.
- The last several homicide investigations several of them HIGH PROFILE have been done on writs where the known offender is in the jail on other charges and the detectives need him @ the area for line-ups etc.
- The guy who buried the dude in the basement 5 yrs ago= writ
- Reginald Potts who killed the executive girl in Calumet City after stalking her= writ
- Several of the offenders from Univ. of Chicago student murder= Writ
How is this going to work and how will it affect the clearance rates?