Darwin Award Averted
A 27-year-old Joliet woman suffered second-degree burns after using a cigarette lighter to see how much gas was in the can she was filling.
Police reports say it was about 10:30 p.m. Tuesday when the woman drove to the 7-Eleven at 1609 E. Cass St. in Joliet in a yellow 1970 Chevrolet.
"(The woman) was filling up a gas can, which was sitting on the passenger seat of the car. (She) then used a lighter to use as a light to observe how full the can was," police said.
The can ignited from the lighter's flame and the resulting explosion also set the vehicle's interior ablaze.
Quick! Tell your best near-Darwin story. Names should be removed to protect the idiotic.
Labels: silly people