An Amusing Observaton
- If this ain't some shit ...
NOW, after the powers-that-are de-policed the police department loverly Jessie Jackson has this say ...
"The killings keep coming -- one need not to be guilty to be killed in this war zone," Jackson told reporters before the service Saturday at the Greater Mount Hebron Baptist Church in South Side Chicago. "We must declare a state of emergency. We have an obligation to prepare for our children safe passage."
It's been a war zone for some time you fool, but you keep taking away police powers, and every single reverend runs to the aide of the offender within seconds of their committing their crimes and NOW, NOW you're requesting a call for a state of emergency!!!!
Jackson reminded mourners that in 1957, the National Guard was needed to escort black students into a previously all-white Arkansas school to provide them with safe passage.
"We need the same intervention today," Jackson said, to cheers and shouts of "amen" from the crowd. "They did it in Little Rock. Do it in Chicago!"
- The governor of Arkansas sent the National Guard in to prevent the Little Rock Nine from attending a segregated school;
- Eisenhower sent the 101st Airborne Division in to enforce the Supreme Court ruling and then nationalized the entire Arkansas National Guard to take control away from the Arkansas governor;
- Following a year of tension, the Arkansas National Guard was redeployed, this time in accordance with the Supreme Court order.
- gang on gang crime;
- no one is fighting to keep these kids out of school - they don't want to be there;
- the deceased is on video throwing punches - while this doesn't mean he deserved to die, it does call into question the extent of his participation;
So once again, hyperbole for the sake of publicity and ignorance fed to the masses via a compliant and complicit media. Everyone makes noise, then everyone forgets. The Chicago Police Department will continue to be undermanned.
And someone else will die.