The Law of Garry
- With Chicago’s murder rate capturing national headlines, Police Supt
Garry McCarthy is on the defense, touting recent progress his department
has made in the fight against crime.
Still, headlines and news stories continue about murder after murder in Chicago, but are the numbers they telling the whole story?
On patrol Monday, McCarthy talked candidly about the bloodshed in Chicago that has drawn national attention.
And what happens as soon as McLookOverThere! opens his mouth?
- A man was killed and a person critically hurt in separate shootings on the South Side overnight, police said. The fatal shooting occurred about 9 p.m. Monday in the 8800 block of South Cottage Grove Avenue in the Burnside neighborhood, police said, citing early reports.
- Patterson was walking home from a family get-together with her sister early this morning, and was passing Carter and other neighbors at Eggleston and 120th when a dark-colored car drove past and someone inside opened fire, according to family and police. Patterson, 25, was dead at the scene. Carter, 38, was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was pronounced dead.
- A former employee of the CeaseFire violence prevention program was fatally shot today in the Woodlawn neighborhood on the South Side, officials said.
- An autopsy conducted today determined that a man whose body was found by city workers in a garbage bag in Marquette Park Monday was shot to death.
- An autopsy today determined a 55-year-old South Loop man died Monday in part from injuries he suffered during an assault, authorities said.
- A hooded gunman shot and killed a 20-year-old man on the street hours after another man was slain in the same South Side neighborhood, Chicago police said this morning.
- A 17-year-old boy was fatally wounded this evening in a shooting on the South Side in the city’s Oakland neighborhood.
All in less than 48 hours since McTootMyOwnHorn gave his Channel 2 interview. How about maybe Garry solves some of these? Not one person is in custody for any of these crimes.