Republicans Racist? Not!
- Let's see just how racist conservatives are...
1. Emancipation Proclamation issued by...a Republican President.
2. Slavery abolished under...a Republican President and a Republican Congress.
3. Japanese interned under a Repub...no, wait...sorry, that was a Democrat.
4. (Percentage wise), more Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act than Democrats. They must've had some ulterior racist motive of which only they were aware.
5. Affirmative Action implemented under a Republican President (Nixon).
6. First black Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, as well as first black Secretary of State, under a Republican President.
7. First black woman named as Secretary of State...under a Republican President.
8. Still, lots and lots of KKK members in Congress are part of the Republican Party. No...my mistake again - Byrd is the only one I found (and he's a Democrat).
9. Republicans oppose the school choice and vouchers that the...majority of blacks support. Oops, my mistake again - Republicans support them while Democrats oppose them.
10. Well, at least the majority of blacks are pro-choice, right? Nope, most are...pro-life.
11. Well, at least most support gay marriage. Sorry, my mistake again. Once more, Republicans are more in line with majority black views than Democrats.
12. Republicans throw Oreo cookies at...black people running for Congress. Darn, that's the Dems, too.
13. Republicans enacted the Jim Crow laws. Nope, wrong again.
14. Republicans are racist because the Democrats say we are. That's about as close as I can get.