The Ferguson Effect
- Sunday The Wall Street Journal crunched the numbers on America’s startling new crime wave (after a two-decade decline) and listed seven cities that have seen noticeable, and sometimes shocking, spikes in murders and other violent crimes.
Seven cities were worthy of note. To no one’s surprise, all seven of those cities are run by Democrats. With the exception of New York City, Democrats have enjoyed one-party rule in these cities for decades.
Wait....no one on the left is having a field day with this because no one on the left wants to point out the obvious. Silly conservative website...you can't say things like this! OR at least you won't be able to once the left finishes off the country.
- Gun violence is up more than 60% compared with this time last year, according to Baltimore police, with 32 shootings over Memorial Day weekend. May has been the most violent month the city has seen in 15 years. (no Republican mayors since 1967)
- In Milwaukee, homicides were up 180% by May 17 over the same period the previous year. (no Repulbican mayors since 1906)
- Through April, shootings in St. Louis were up 39%, robberies 43%, and homicides 25%. (last Republican - 1949)
- Murders in Atlanta were up 32% as of mid-May. (1942)
- Shootings in Chicago had increased 24% and homicides 17%. (1931)
- Shootings and other violent felonies in Los Angeles had spiked by 25%; (1993)
- in New York, murder was up nearly 13%, and gun violence 7%. (this is just since 2014 - a single year - ending Rudy's and Bloomberg's effective policing strategies)
But you know, democrats are for the people - and folks. Law and order is for squares.