Wait....Who? This Guy?
- Former Gov. Deval Patrick’s administration secretly diverted nearly $27 million in public money to off-budget accounts that paid for a $1.35 million trade junket tab, bloated advertising contracts, and a deal with a federally subsidized tourism venture backed by U.S. Sen. Harry Reid, a Herald investigation has found.
The maneuver to fatten the hidden “trust” accounts with millions from state quasi-public agencies allowed Patrick to skirt the state Legislature and evade state budget cutbacks during the recession, the Herald found.
Rahm has a bad history selecting outsiders for sensitive spots:
- School CEO Jean-Claude Brizard - resigned after school strike and fighting with Rahm;
- Comptroller Amer Ahmad - indicted, fled to Pakistan. A simple Google search by SCC revealed a federal cloud gathering over Ahmad long before his tenure here in Chicago, but Rahm claims he knew nothing about it;
- School CEO BBB - indicted in a $20 million bribery scam. Also under investigation at her previous job in Detroit for the same thing;
- Superintendent McCarthy - convenient scapegoat for a political play by Rahm to keep a shooting video under wraps;
Now he's bringing in a former governor from the east coast who already smells like corruption? And he's going to be one-fifth of a committee that'll cure what ails the CPD? What a fucking joke.