IPRA Going, Going....
Another brilliant idea from the fetid swamps of aldercreature Leslie Hairston's demented mind:
- A Chicago alderman has unveiled a new plan to hold police accountable and she wants citizens, not mayoral appointees calling the shots.
Alderman Leslie Hairston is taking aim at Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s power over the process.
“What he has to understand is that it was the people who put him in office, will be the people who take him out of office if he does not begin to listen and to hear what they are asking for,” she said today.
Alderman Hairston said he should relinquish his power over the city’s independent police review authority, known as IPRA.
“The definition of a leader is somebody who does not mind ceding some power,” Hairston said.
Um, no, that's the definition of a push-over. A lame duck. A patsy. Certainly not a leader.
We don't see Rahm letting this happen. If he did, you can kiss any semblance of police work good bye. Numbers are down 90% or more? That would kill the remaining 10% and Prickwrinkle would have to start laying off judges and lawyers.
Labels: dumb ideas