HeyJackass.com Hiatus
- After 13½ years of daily tracking of silly decisions and other non-demonizable actions, we’re hitting pause. This site and its archives aren’t going anywhere, and ShopJackass.com will still be selling stupid crap, but updates will be minimal going forward, likely once a week or less. This isn’t the end, it’s just a pause in a very long, very stupid journey.
Thirteen-and-a-half years is quite a long time (A) for a blog and (B) keeping track of violence statistics that show just how hopeless segments of our society have become. It's exhausting, depressing and it wears you down. We've felt the same way many times.
Hopefully it's not the end as they provide a valuable service to the lies put out by the politicians and the Department statisticians.
Labels: blogging









69 Comments:
Thanks for everything folks.
That is my go to place for scores on ....Midnight Basketball games....
Get some.
Amen SCC. Thanks for everything!!
Thank you for your service and may God bless you on your journey :)
WOW! Great site! I have turned a lot of people on to the site probably going on 12 years. Kudos to HEYJACKASS.COM
You are very much appreciated. Thank you for all your effort. Take a break. Thank You.
OT Great Ohare news. 050 has top cop AA retiring. After head butting another cop in 018 and now numerous fights with officers in 050 I am happy to see you leaving. No one wanted to work with you. That’s why they kicked you off the wagon. All of us in third watch will be happy to see you leave. Just for info, 18 July 2025 at 1324 hrs we have two cell phone videos of you storming out of the Sgt office with Sgt 10-1, screaming when you retire you were gonna fuck up and beat some ass. I was sitting right next to you taking video. Maybe now that you pushed the button we can forward that video to two agencies to see you saying this. We all will be happy to see you leave!
The bosses in this department are so inept. The shit show at bud billiken was no surprise, but the decision making from the supervisors was beyond cringe and just plain stupid; pushing “teen youths” all the way from 51/mlk to the 47/redline? Are you kidding me?
We are lucky no one got ran over by the maniac drivers off the Dan Ryan.
The site meant a lot to me
More than a generation of stupid beyond belief and yet it still goes on just as strong today
Thank you for your service
but the dems, the libs and the liberal media all say crime is down in all of Illinois, especially Chicago
Oh Nooo!!!
Sounds like it's time to rent a decommissioned forest fire watchtower up in the mountains.
The only website I trust with the homicide stats. Going to miss the daily updates.
Nothing wrong with scaling back but keep the fire burning. I go on numerous nation wide blogs and you are often referenced when Chicago gun violence topics come up.
I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t even stand to stay after retiring in 2020. Thanks to HJ and you, SCC for providing me with a legit picture of what’s going on up there.
A sad day, but I have to agree about the constant onslaught of hopeless, depressing news. Conservative news stations in Chicago are no help either, playing off of the doom and gloom and never offering any solutions. But hey! If you need a supplement for your aches and pains or a new pillow, they got you covered.
Maybe Shaved will come back!
Fare thee well. Can't imagine keeping this blog going as long and as consistently as you have. It's a true service to your readers and an almost endless source of amusement at the foibles you point out. Thanks
Please turn it into a site that promotes for a particular mayoral candidate so that Johnson and the heir apparants Gionelous or Mendoza do not get elected.
Signed,
Chalkie
Ok, grandpa, if you keep repeating the same jokes we are going to put you in a home with all the folks who are unable to dress themselves.
The person deserves a rest , retirement or whatever they choose, but it really makes you realize the service he /or she provides is no where else and when it ends thats it, unless someone else grabs the mantle but I don't see it happening.
Sad news indeed. I have told both liberal and conservative acquaintances about Hey Jackass over the years. It was an eye-opening experience, especially for the liberal democrat types.
You were seated next to this person, why didn't you say this in person! Why hide on the blog! Sounds like you're saying he's an asshole while proving you're a coward.
Solutions? Look at the populace. Only solution is a moving van.
You are the bright light of truth exposing the demons in our city. Thank you and God bless.
My god are you guys at ohare embarrassing
Umm…aren’t those overpasses? 🙄
Governor Porkulas was there acting like ring master Ned. Fuck Porkulas
Bring back DSLC!
Don’t know what I will do without you guys in the morning. You were the lifeline for us retired guys. Thanks again
No
Shaved would be a blessing !
Blame the bosses for allowing this behavior. Either scared or incompetent.
I crime must really be down! Put the jackass out of business. Lol
Name this retard please.
I hope so!!!
Good Idea!!!
Always value the truth. The truth is precious.
Go to their site and cough up a few bucks you cheap bastards.
Ditto here too!
Holy shit I remember that!
Thanks for much enlightenment and entertainment for these many years.
I just hope they don’t stop selling especially the t shirts. Have quite a few myself
You will be missed, With all the garbage spewed in the media, I always knew I could turn to SCC everyday to learn the truth. Enjoy your much-deserved break, and thank you for keeping us entertained and well-informed,
Well deserved rest HJ,com..thanks for a much needed media outlet that doesnt bend the knee. Take as long as you need.
I'm retired CPD and out of Hellinois. I love telling people in Florida about SCC and Heyjackass.com they cant believe it!
I've always figured SCC and HJ were the same people/folks. Regardless, you're doing the Lord's work and you deserve some down time.
Pud!
Tanks
019 was a mess last night with the market days. They thought it was a smart idea pushing the crowd towards Addison Red Line, and right towards the Wrigley field entertainment zone
Such a tough guy on the internet. You have certainly impressed everyone here with strong words. $20 says you’ve never said anything to this individual in person. But hey. Internet courage.
I wish they would go with a paid member service, perhaps a hundred dollars a year. Much time and effort goes into SCC and they should be compensated.
HJ, Thank you for years of truth.
Hey, did you have a recruit class at the academy? If so, 👋 thank you for fun times
thanks,going to miss you.
I am hearing rumors that AA will not be issued his retirement credentials when he leaves HQ. From a good source.
Please Lord have Shaver return…
Great site but it's obvious they caved and probably on the leagacy media payroll now. Crime marches on...
I have told coppers in New York about the site. I have not extended family in California (if possible even worse than Hellinois) they also knew & loved Heyjackass!! I'm W/ the other person who commented that said make it a paid site. I imagine sometimes it gets overwhelming especially having to count how many idiots have shot themselves "in the junk" (I love it hopefully the brain surgeons shot to pieces the vas deference & cannot procreate) but rest up jackass people. Sadly I believe there will be a war soon between the races then there will be a lot to count. I pray I'm wrong but how far away are we when people/folk decide it's a good idea to shoot at marked police vehicles & uniformed police officers. It used to be once or twice a year. The police would find them teach them that it is bad to do that & lock them up. Now it seems like every other week. I pray for all the police officers & firefighters who wear a uniform to help & are targets because of that uniform. God Bless you all & the same to Heyjackass
Beat it loser same tired joke
hey boys and girls it's time for the grand prize game, let's see what's in bucket number six!
100%!
Sounds like you violated the law with the duty to intervene statue!
HeyJackass!, grim statistics juxtaposed with clever graphics.
SCC took a break a bit ago. Probably for far different reasons, but SCC is back and strong. May HJ enjoy a hiatus and thrive!
The SCC break was during the previous "fact-checking" censorship witch hunt, if I'm not mistaken, when speaking the truth would get you cancelled. At any rate, HJ was a daily stop for me. Hard to beat the numbers combined with the map. The commentary was the cherry on top. Will keep checking, and hope updates continue in some form. If not, thanks for a great run! And thank you too, SCC!
Post a Comment
<< Home