So Now What Troll?
Okay Asshat, here you go:
- Yay! Homicides are down in March! Perhaps the "community" finally learned how to behave!
- A 23-year-old Cicero man shot Wednesday night in the Austin neighborhood on the West Side has died.
- A person was shot Thursday afternoon in the Austin neighborhood on the West Side.
The male, whose age was not immediately known, was shot in the chest multiple times at 3:12 p.m. in the first block of South Cicero...
- Four people were shot to death at a South Shore restaurant Thursday afternoon.
According to neighbors, at least two gunmen entered Nadia Fish and Chicken at 75th and Coles just before 4 p.m. and started shooting.
- The [pregnant] woman was found dead just after noon about a mile away. The body of 26-year-old Patrice L. Calvin was discovered in a home in the 7500 block of South Luella Avenue in the South Shore neighborhood, authorities said.
We've said this dozens of times - fixating on the day-to-day, week-to-week, even month-to-month trend is stupid. There could be a plethora of reasons why the numbers go up and down - weather being the main one (rain and snow put dig dampers on shooters). But people might be hiding, doctors might be doing a better job, ambulances might get all green lights, the shooters might be out of ammo, no one came up short on the tip. Or maybe Rahm's hiring "wave" is having the intended effect - more visible police = less shooting opportunities. Imagine that.
Not many people look as idiotic as you do right now, praising some fleeting "drop" in killings and then waking up to 6 in under a day. Up until that point, 2017 was down 14 killings. That number just dropped to 8 and might be 7 or less by the time you wake up tomorrow.
So Troll, if you want to be Special Ed's cheerleader and bounce up and down on his lap, by all means, ride his dick until you get the answers to the next promotional exam. In the meantime, go be an asshat somewhere else and come back at the end of 2017 and we'll compare the year-to-year numbers and save the praise for then.
UPDATE: And a double in 003, that makes eight in a day, six of them in 003 alone. Do you still think crime is "down" or merely hibernating a little bit? 2017 is only down six now - not exactly something you brag about.