In the language that is unique to the Internet, "sock puppetry" is the act of using one or more names to post either concurring opinions or imagined support for a certain way of thinking. The place where most people screw up is when IP tracking programs prove that multiple persons are posting from identical addresses. Other times, they forget the persona they've developed shouldn't cross over and use words and phrases unique to a certain "character."
Looks like one of our gadfly's is guilty guilty guilty.
- leftisthebest said...To 11:33 poster:
No, the phoniest one is the President. He is a liar and makes no attempt to reach out to persons of color. If it had been an European American majority after Katrina then today New Orleans would look like something out of "The Jetsons." Instead the African Americans are forced to live in squalor with little luxury more than "The Flintstones."
A reader called him on it:
- Anonymous said...Lefty said:
"If it had been an European American majority..."
European American? This proves it! Lefty and Malcolm are one and the same. There couldn't possibly be two people ignorant enough to use that "European American" bullshit!
And Lefty immediately went into full denial mode:
- leftisthebest said...To 2:30 poster:If you read the other thread I told SCC to remove the Katrina post (before it was posted) because I wrote it to get a reaction. I stated it was wrong. That's why I used the phrase European-American. I said I was to make a post just to get a rise out of readers. Readers will see that lil Malcolm and I don't always agree and that is the first time I ever used the term European-American. He and I are different.
In his efforts to deny a connection, Lefty bungles, fumbles and compounds his error. We went back a few threads and found a comment posted by the supposed "malcolm x's little brother" and he uses the hyphenated term EXACTLY as Lefty does:
- Malcolm X's little brother said... SCC, I started to watch the President's State of the Union address, but was so disgusted by its tone I turned it off. I realized he is not a president for people of color. I chuckled once more at the stupidity of European-Americans who voted him into office.
And we even went back and found the post that Lefty sent us to try to erase his previous slap at Katrina "victims":
- leftisthebest said...M. ] just delete my last post about Huurciane Katrina. i was just trying to get a raise out of some folks. It was wrong to do.
You certainly haven't been shy about posting things that were completely wrong before - and you are always looking to get a rise out of us in addition to our readers. Why the hesitation now? Probably because you screwed up and have just negated every point you've ever tried to make.
So Lefty/Malcolm 10, the preponderance of the evidence convicts you in our eyes and the eyes of at least one of our readers. What say the rest of you?