Geez, did Daley turn on the bullshit today or what?
- An angry Mayor Richard Daley on Thursday called the Supreme Court's overturning of the Washington D.C. handgun ban "a very frightening decision" and vowed to fight vigorously any challenges to Chicago's ban.
Frightening? In what way? That people might be able to defend themselves in their own homes with perfectly legal firearms when the police are far away? And as to the fighting vigorously, on behalf of voters everywhere, stay the fuck away from deciding what's good for us. You work for us and we're telling you loud and clear to stay the hell away from our guns.
- City officials expressed confidence the city would prevail in any court challenge, asserting, among other things, that the 2nd Amendment as part of the Bill of Rights restricts the federal government and does not apply to state and local governments.
Better re-read the opinion "city officials" and then take a civics course. ISRA and the NRA are going to beat the crap out of you in a civil trial. Surrender. Other articles:
- An “outraged” Mayor Daley this morning denounced a U.S. Supreme Court ruling overturning Washington D.C.’s handgun ban as a “frightening decision” and a “return to the days of the Wild West.”
Forty-eight states in the country have concealed carry or "shall issue" laws. And guess what? The streets are only running red with blood in Washington DC, Chicago and areas where the law abiding citizens are forbidden the means to defend themselves. No "wild west" anywhere. In fact, double digit crime reductions are the norm. Seems the citizens know better than Daley and crew. How about this insanity - is this English?
- But, how do you get a gun into your house? Does it fly in by a stork? You purchase a gun. You carry the gun in a car. You come to your home. And we’ve shown time and time again how many children have been killed in their homes by guns. Parents are away, they get the guns….The child takes the gun, runs out in the street, has an argument, comes back and shoots somebody.”
Would you care to share any of this alleged "study" where these statistics come from? What's that smell? Smell like ass. Did you pull this stats out of your ass Mr. Mayor? A properly secured weapon and a properly educated child eliminates this straw man argument instantly. But then, being a brainwashed Machine democrat, Daley doesn't believe in personal responsibility - the nanny state government knows best and has already decided guns are scary and evil.
- Chicago Police Supt. Jody Weis today said that 75 percent of Chicago’s murders involve firearms. So far this year, Chicago Police have responded to 15,000 “man with a gun” calls and 27,000 calls of “shots fired.”
And would J-Fed like to tell the public exactly how many of the "shots fired" calls or "man with a gun" calls or how many of the thousands of "confiscated" guns were registered according to existing unconstitutional laws? We'd imagine the number approaches zero with astonishing speed. How about all the murders (up 13% at last count) committed with registered guns? Again, if not zero, darn near zero.
Gun registration and regulation does nothing to prevent crime, it only makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citizens.
Labels: gun issues